Insomnia

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6393
    Dealing with my Dad's death and Funeral has been causing me disturbed sleep for a couple of weeks - I'm exhausted

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22950
    ICBM said:
    I would stay up until 2-3am reading all manner of nonsense - and believe me, there is *all* manner of it :) - and then be able to sleep quite well. Even 4 hours is better than nothing if you're really struggling.
    That's what I do every night (not the conspiracy theories bit).  But I don't suffer from insomnia, I just don't need very much sleep.
  • 3.46am and I am routinely awake again.  Woke around half 2 and will probably be awake till half 4.  Its a regular pattern.  Feel exhausted mid afternoon everyday but just had e to fight through it.  Cant recall the last time i slept all night.

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12395
    I generally wake up between 3 and 4 most mornings. I go downstairs and watch tv and normally get another hour about 530ish!
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    I have worked rotating Continental 12hr shifts for the past 20yrs from 7am-7pm and vice versa. This has basically resulted in no functioning body clock so insomnia is a constant bedfellow. Recently, after having Netflix, I have binge watched TV to try and crash out on the sofa and it’s surprisingly successful. One of the worst things to do that I have found over the years is to try and force yourself to sleep, if you awake, get up and do something 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12395
    sweepy said:
    I have worked rotating Continental 12hr shifts for the past 20yrs from 7am-7pm and vice versa. This has basically resulted in no functioning body clock so insomnia is a constant bedfellow. Recently, after having Netflix, I have binge watched TV to try and crash out on the sofa and it’s surprisingly successful. One of the worst things to do that I have found over the years is to try and force yourself to sleep, if you awake, get up and do something 
    I recommend godless and Spartacus as well as stranger things. . 
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    Maniac and Star Trek Discovery worked v nicely :)
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    I frequently wake at around 2.30 - 3.00am and maybe take 3 hours to drop off again. Then I discovered the Peach R8 thread which worked a treat, just three pages would have me dozing. Tragically that all ended when my eyes slipped down to the 'Is it bad....' thread which had me laughing uncontrollably. And still laughing when the 7.30 alarm went off.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom