Can I replicate the routing on the HX FX...

thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9825
... Without having the HX FX?

Ie two paths, an IR on each?

I bought an HX FX and one again I'm left embarrassed by buying something that isn't really any good for my use case and may have to look to sell it on already to just get the pedals I'm using on it as they'll sound better and probably add up to less money.

But when I thought about this, I realised that to get the same routing/signal paths and to power it all easily, plus being able to run two different IRs at the same time (on on each path) it would probably work out more expensive than the HXFX.

Ideally would like:

Guitar into fuzz and Octavia
Split into two paths, one with slightly less than clean preamp into reverb into IR, the other into crunchy preamp into IR
Run in stereo to monitors (or could be to PA if I ever could play live).

I've an Art Cool Switch ABY but I always seemed to need to boost both sides for volume loss which is less than ideal. I've also an 8 loop switcher thing which could work but I'd still have the dual IR thing to sort out which seems only possible with two IR hosts which adds up again

Anybody creative/clever enough to think of something or an I best just keeping the HX FX as only a routing and IR host
Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2460
    This is where things like the HX start to just make sense. You can easily do what you want but would obviously need extra gear. I would just keep the HX and incorporTe whatever else you need into it. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• This is where things like the HX start to just make sense. You can easily do what you want but would obviously need extra gear. I would just keep the HX and incorporTe whatever else you need into it. 
    I did fear that would probably be the case, as the whole reason i bought the HX was to save money and space, so having thought about it again today I think I'll just have to sack it off and try to find an IR that works to try and route it through my DigiTech instead
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic