Recommend me a new acoustic guitar

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24815
    edited April 2014
    Frailers is a great place - staff are knowledgeable, stock is massive and prices are very fair.

Most makers have increasingly gone down the skinnier neck route in recent years, due to the sales success of Taylor - which consistently play superbly.

Pre '85 (before they introduced the low-profile neck) Martins are worth a look and 70s Westerly Guilds have bigger necks. Some older Gibsons actually have very skinny necks - so do make sure you play the actual guitar you are thinking of buying.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72418
    edited April 2014
    Skarloey said:
    Forget to mention Takamine. 
    That's definitely the best advice.

:)

I would try a Guild for a thicker-sounding guitar with a bigger neck. They don't hold their value as well as the other big names either for some reason.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2440
    Try a Furch or Stonebridge. I've heard that the weights vary considerably but when you get a good one it'll be a keeper. Great sounding, mine is mahogany and cedar and they have a 3 nut width options at no extra cost.
    All solid model will cost under £800, and they're made in Europe (Czech republic)
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!