Free PRS Silver Sky!

What's Hot

Comments

• TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    That's quite the deal, even if it does involve shelling out over seven grand =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3451
    Have to give them away!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • "Above all, you love the man’s playing and want a little of that magic for yourself, right?"
  • Wonder if you bought it and sold the amp how much you would get for it?
    I was just wondering that. I'd be selling the guitar too, it hurts my eyes it's so ugly!
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22857
    Wonder if you bought it and sold the amp how much you would get for it?
    I was just wondering that. I'd be selling the guitar too, it hurts my eyes it's so ugly!
    I'd keep the gig bag.  Nice gig bag.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    I doubt enough to make it worthwhile tying up 7k in gear.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • What on earth is in that amp that makes it worth nearly £7k? The profit margin must be huge in order to be able to give away the guitar and still make money.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    If the guitar is free, can you not buy the amp/cab and then return them but keep the guitar? If you buy a guitar and get a free cloth that seems to hold true
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SimonCSimonC Frets: 1399
    Looks like one of these is already up on Gumtree, even before it’s been collected.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/guitar-instrument/prs-john-mayer-silver-sky-new-in-box/1319630753

It’s not me btw.
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    SimonC said:
    Looks like one of these is already up on Gumtree, even before it’s been collected.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/guitar-instrument/prs-john-mayer-silver-sky-new-in-box/1319630753

It’s not me btw.

Not bad really. If you're already sold on owning a Silver Sky, no harm in saving yourself a couple of hundred quid in the process.
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Not bad for a beginners pack, I imagine they'll be shifting a few coming up to christmas. Bit mean that they dont  chuck in a pitch pipe or maybe a stand right ?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    DrBob said:
    Not bad for a beginners pack, I imagine they'll be shifting a few coming up to christmas. Bit mean that they dont  chuck in a pitch pipe or maybe a stand right ?
    Free gigbag though. Not to be sniffed at when you'e dropping £8k....
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • Guys I’m the guy who brought the J Mod and got the silver sky free. The deal I actually got was £6500 for the lot and sold the silver sky for 2k as I already had one but not one person from this forum contacted me about it, ended up going to someone off eBay. It’s a lot for a amp but ended up in reality paying 4500 and you could pay that for a Friedman or two rock head and cab. Hoping in years to come these become rare and collectible.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    lp59boy said:
    Guys I’m the guy who brought the J Mod and got the silver sky free. The deal I actually got was £6500 for the lot and sold the silver sky for 2k as I already had one but not one person from this forum contacted me about it, ended up going to someone off eBay. It’s a lot for a amp but ended up in reality paying 4500 and you could pay that for a Friedman or two rock head and cab. Hoping in years to come these become rare and collectible.
    Is the gigbag nice?
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Don’t know, sold the guitar lol
  • lp59boy said:
    sold the silver sky for 2k as I already had one but not one person from this forum contacted me about it
    Sorry - were we supposed to?

My apologies if you feel I let you down in some way....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    lp59boy said:
    Don’t know, sold the guitar lol
    Understandable. I think John Mayer sold his too. Does that mean there are none in circulation - even with the offer of a free gigbag?