Extending wi-fi range

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Jono111Jono111 Frets: 221
    Virgin are offering free WiFi range extenders. Download their app and check your signal, if it is weak anywhere there is a link to get a free extender.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jono111 said:
    Virgin are offering free WiFi range extenders. Download their app and check your signal, if it is weak anywhere there is a link to get a free extender.
    Already got myself the Devolo DLAN 1200 adaptors. And the weak signal is in the garage 50ft away.
  • The flashing lights started again last night so I'm going to get a 15ft ethernet cable and move the position of the router adaptor. May consider installing a single socket in my room too but that may be a ballache.

And there's still no full guarantee moving the position will 100% solve the problem. But for £5 for a cable its worth a shot.
  • adampeteradampeter Frets: 775
    Google Wifi mesh system, its the nuts
  • I think the Devolo works perfectly, its just the amount of power that is needed to run the adaptor, so hoping the relocation to a single location on its own will solve the issue. When I'm in the garage its worked fine, cos I'm not in my room so other devices are switched off anyway. But the flashing red light is doing my head in, I'm very much a plug in play - set/forget type guy!
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • I had to get a 20ft cable (6m) to make it tuck in neatly into the corner behind shelves and other furniture. Anyway its all hooked up and connected. Will report back in a few days to see if its stopped the flashing red lights as the Devolo router adaptor now has no devices plugged in next to it in the twin socket on the far side of the room.
  • Well, the adaptor has stopped flashing which is great, turned out all it needed was its own socket with nothing plugged in next to it. Wi-Fi still works a treat in the garage, so for £5 for a longer Ethernet cable its problem solved!
  • vizviz Frets: 10699
    adampeter said:
    Google Wifi mesh system, its the nuts

Trying to improve WFH effectiveness what with CV19; we have a BT router; can we get linksys velop mesh extenders to extend wifi into our deepest darkest corners? Or Netgear Orbis? or is there something better? should we be looking at A4400 or is 3300 enough? Or should we go for 6600?

Help an old man understand what's going on!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.