Help with Mooer Ocean Machine

What's Hot
frankieMARTfrankieMART Frets: 39
Been tearing my hair out with this pedal!   For some reason the pedal is now bricked, with the Devin Townsend Project logo showing up on the LCD screen when you turn it on, with all 3 footswitch lights appearing on. No combination of button/switch/knob presses seems to get any life out of it. 

Googling this seems to suggest I need to update the firmware. So got a MIDI cable and downloaded the newest patch, but the pedal is not being recognised  at all. When I plug the cable in normally after the pedal is powered on (in the state I just mentioned above) , it's supposed to say 'Loading...' but absolutely nothing happens, even with specific button presses outlined in the firmware PDF. When I unplug the power and plug it back in, the Loading screen  LCD display comes up, but when trying to apply the firmwareI, I get an error message on my PC saying 'MCU not found'.

So I'm absolutely stumped! Does anyone have any ideas, or can point me to some more information?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Sounds like exactly the symptoms you get when the power supply hasn't got enough juice. The Ocean Machine needs 500mA, so the best bet is to try it with a power supply that can output at least twice that (they often lie...).
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Hmm, it came with a PSU that does say 500mA, so I didn't think that would even be an issue. I shall try  and dig out another!
  • Thanks for the swift response!
  • I had one. To update the firmware, I had to disable microsoft wavetable synth or something. Basically the midi device you are using to connect it needs to be the only one midi device installed on the machine. It took me about 500 hours to get the thing updated. Sounds good but the midi support is dodgy.