SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Jackson Strat 24 Custom Shop '91 SOLD

antikueantikue Frets: 20
edited January 2019 in Guitars £
Here's a one off Strat 24 from 1991.

Specs are alder body, maple neck & fretboard, metallic purple color (matching headstock), Jackson JT-590 bridge (Schaller MIG), Jackson J-200 x2 + J-50BC pickups with JE-1200 boost circuit (original configuration), three on/off switches for pickups and Vol/Tone/Boost control configuration.

Original hard shell case included.

Condition is superb. The body is in almost perfect shape - a few bumps there, quite invisible to the eye unless gazed upon very closely. Neck is worn in beautifully and the shape is just sublime. Think of Charvel custom strat necks. Frets are very good, no grooves or dents. They are a little worn down, but they are perfectly level and have a lots of reshaping life left on them. No need for that in foreseeable future, in my opinion.

Interestingly frets 21-24 are scalloped from the factory (as per order I suppose).

All in all this is a unique guitar - the Strat 24 shape - not Dinky, but Strat - in itself is nigh impossible to come by.

I'm asking £1250 for the guitar. Located in Helsinki, Finland. Shipping to the UK is around £40, can split between the buyer.

1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Bump
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hmm, this is an odd thing indeed. I've been into Jacksons for years now, I can't remember the last time I saw a 24 strat body, let alone one with scalloped frets...
  • antikueantikue Frets: 20
    edited November 2018
    Hmm, this is an odd thing indeed. I've been into Jacksons for years now, I can't remember the last time I saw a 24 strat body, let alone one with scalloped frets...
    Yeah it's a full blown custom order. The 90-91 catalog has Strats and Strat 24s listed, but they were all one-offs

EDIT: Here are the Strats

The Joker Strat from above was sold here in Finland awhile ago, tours with Insomnium these days :)
  • Price drop to 1150
  • Up!
  • Bump