Guitar kits for the complete noob

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Paul7926Paul7926 Frets: 227
    Paul7926 said:
    Just as a follow on question at what point do cheap second hand guitars get too cheap even to be donor bodies for conversion?

Been looking around and finding brands I've never even heard of. For example a Peavey Raptor. 

EDIT:  Forget I asked, some investigative googling suggests that the body of a Peavey Raptor I (which I'm sure this is from the pictures) is made of plywood.  Now I know I'm new here but I don't remember any discussion where people are advocating plywood as desirable.

I'm quite sure the Raptor is Basswood, I don't think you can buy Plywood guitars anymore, it's cheaper to use a cheap solid wood. 
    To be fair I couldn't find anything official.  Just one report from some guy claiming he had tried to sand down his Raptor I to find the body was plywood.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul7926 said:
    Now I know I'm new here but I don't remember any discussion where people are advocating plywood as desirable.
    I renovated a 1975 Hohner Strat copy. It was made of plywood and sounds great.
  • Paul7926Paul7926 Frets: 227
    Paul7926 said:
    Now I know I'm new here but I don't remember any discussion where people are advocating plywood as desirable.
    I renovated a 1975 Hohner Strat copy. It was made of plywood and sounds great.
    More food for thought, thanks for letting me know.  I'm pretty sure I'm 'over thinking' this as usual.