NGD & NAD = one very happy fretboarder

What's Hot
shaunmshaunm Frets: 1642
The last 6 weeks have been an absolute rollacoaster of gear where ive been able to pick up bits that I thought I wanted but did not when i got it and other bits that I got just to try out and I have been blown away and love them. 

This week has been exceptional though as I have picked up two incredible bits of kit from two gents from this forum. 

The guitar is a 2010 Gibson 339. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/4Eh7krf

The amp is a Fender 57 Tweed Champ

https://imgur.com/gallery/Brt3eV8

To say I am over the moon with these two is a huge understatement. They are both precisely what I love from guitar gear. 

I would say I am at capacity now with my guitars and amps for the moment because I have found some instruments that genuinely enable me to make the noises I always wanted. 

Another huge plus from my 6 weeks of going gear mad is that I have met and done deals with some great people from this forum. This week was no different as @Fretwired and @Panama_Jack666 have both been fantastic. 
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2816
    Lovely stuff Shaun, enjoy it.  Well done on finding your Champ too!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1642
    thebreeze said:
    Lovely stuff Shaun, enjoy it.  Well done on finding your Champ too!
    Thank you @thebreeze it’s been worth the wait. I’m really happy with the little champ. 
  • Yesssssss! Play the hell out of them both!

I will send you some pics of the 339 when it was brand new if I can get my hands on them! 
  • 339's are just great aren't they. How did it sound through the '68 Princeton?
  • 339's are just great aren't they. How did it sound through the '68 Princeton?
    I have a Princeton too... I can confirm it sounds incredible! 
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6154
    You went with a genuine Champ. Nice score.
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1642
    @kswilson89 I agree totally with @Panama_Jack666 regarding the 68. It’s wonderful. Now I should also say that Mr Jack is also the reason I got the 68. He told me how good they were for so long that I tried one and loved it. 

@JezWynd thank you mate. I was not necessarily looking for a genuine Fender but I was fortunate enough to be offered one. I must say after a bit of playing time I can wholeheartedly recommend them. It’s a wonderful amp.

Funny I tried out the 68 and Champ together using an ABY last night too and it’s a massive sound from two little amps. Could be my pub gig set up.  
  • pmgpmg Frets: 301
    Both 339s and champs are lovely, good work!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom