NGD Coodercaster!

What's Hot
jamesoliver1234jamesoliver1234 Frets: 1268
edited November 2018 in Guitar
Anyone that knows me will now i am a fan of the slide guitar and an even bigger fan of  Ry Cooder... after seeing him in london a few weeks ago i really wanted to a coodercaster again!.. since around 2013 i've been using a mojo pickups goldfoil pickup in my 68 sg special for slide... so on the off chance i searched ebay and found this one!. its a Japanese body with a Korean neck...but has the mojo pickups set that alot of people seem to use on the coodercaster projects... i managed to get it for the price it would cost in parts alone... it arrived today and it is fantastic a real slide machine!. i am over the moon with the guitar and it will become my mine slide guitar.. the sg needs a rest after about 1200 gigs!.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jdgmjdgm Frets: 852
    Looks great but I can't figure out what's happening at the bridge pickup? Got any close-ups?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It’s based on a lap steel pickup 
  • FrizerFrizer Frets: 45
    Have you seen the one Blake Mills made?
  • markblackmarkblack Frets: 1599
    very nice!

water slide make some nice 'uns!

http://www.waterslideguitars.com/currently-available/
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    Now that's not something you see every day. Very cool.
  • KDSKDS Frets: 222
    Very cool :) Are you still keeping your sg Jnr. Might meet up (finally) in a couple of weeks. Kris 
  • You've got enough guitars ;)

Do us a vid! 
  • tsj93tsj93 Frets: 56
    Very nice! How much does the neck woods matter if you're playing slide? Don't want to invoke the tonewood debate, but surely it doesn't matter as the strings don't touch the fretboard
    I’d say the biggest influence on tone after amp and pu’s is slide (diamond bottleneck crystal slide is my fav) and then heavy strings (Newton Nickle electric). It is well worth experimenting 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KDS said:
    I’d say the biggest influence on tone after amp and pu’s is slide (diamond bottleneck crystal slide is my fav) and then heavy strings (Newton Nickle electric). It is well worth experimenting 
    Agree, especially for Diamond Bottlenecks. Superb slides, well priced as well.
    edited November 2018
    @jamesoliver1234 I know you aren’t keen on compressors but slide can sound really cool with one
  • @tsj93 ; i don't know anything about tone woods... i go by what sounds good to me personally.