Alternative to Relicing!

What's Hot
maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3167
edited November 2018 in Guitar
@jed2718 just bought a nice cheap acoustic from these guys and suggested we all had a look at them , now this is a nice alternative to custom relics and cheap too https://reverb.com/item/14757277-epiphone-les-paul-special-ii-customised
www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• teradaterada Frets: 5114
    Clever work, but there’s something about it that gives me a visceral feeling to run far far away
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • terada said:
    Clever work, but there’s something about it that gives me a visceral feeling to run far far away
    ^ this O_o
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• badlydrawnbanjobadlydrawnbanjo Frets: 856
    edited November 2018
    They’re based around the corner from me I think. If it is indeed them they have a little shop too. *Edit*Actually, just seen the address in it's not them. The one I'm thinking of is even worse
  • Reg Prescott -"shake hands with Mr Plug" :)

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Oh, they already did.

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    They don't specify which body electricity is passed through, the guitar or the resident 'artist'.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1014
    “Stunning piece” errr, not in my opinion.
  • yuk
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28353
    Don't like it.
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    The lightning bolt decal on the headstock is far too clean. Other than that, I respect the idea & execution, & it does look kinda cool, but it just isn't for me.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72941
    Sassafras said:
    They don't specify which body electricity is passed through, the guitar or the resident 'artist'.
    I think the guitar, unfortunately...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Tenebrous said:
    The lightning bolt decal on the headstock is far too clean. Other than that, I respect the idea & execution, & it does look kinda cool, but it just isn't for me.
    I don't think the headstock decal matches what they've done to the body either. From what I remember, at least: I'm not going to look at it again O_o *shudder*
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    edited November 2018
    Fuengi said:

Ooh, some of those pickguards are really nice, and I do have an upcoming NGD that I'd like to customize... *Bookmarks*.

Tenebrous said:
    I don't think the headstock decal matches what they've done to the body either. From what I remember, at least: I'm not going to look at it again O_o *shudder*
    Haha. Well, just think if a bright white pamphlet on a burnt tree...