Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

SORTED - OD AND DISTORTION RECOMMENDATIONS

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Castro said:
    Hi all

I have just taken delivery of a Paul Cochrane Tim in order to cover my boost and 'low gain/touch of hair' needs. My amp is a Morgan AC20 head + 1x12 cab and I'm a Tele/Strat man.

My overall aim is to have clean boost plus three levels of dirt. With Tim taking care of boost and dirt no.1 what recommendations would you have for no.2 and no.3 - medium overdrive plus fat/creamy distortion for solo work?

I don't need 'metal' levels of gain and have always loved the solo tones of Gilmour, Jeff Beck, Landau, Angus and Lifeson. 

I'd consider two separate pedals or a combined one. I like the idea of the Pettyjohn Pettydrive V2.

Your suggestions will be much appreciated.

Any thoughts on these: VFE Alpha Dog V2, Red Witch Famulus, Pettyjohn Petty Drive V2; JHS Angry Charlie; Bearfoot EGDM.
    I use a bearfoot Uber Bee with a Timmy
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • spirit7spirit7 Frets: 338
    King of Tone or Carpe Diem.
  • CastroCastro Frets: 512
    @spirit7 ; I am about to put my KOT up for sale. I've not been happy with it running into my AC20 head. It's replacement arrived today, a Pettyjohn Pettydrive V2
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Mark1960Mark1960 Frets: 326
    Digitec Screaming Blues if you are on a budget, or Thorpy Gunshot if you are not. Both work really well with single coil Fenders on a good clean platform
  • EpsilonEpsilon Frets: 615
    edited November 2018
    I've been pleasantly surprised by the Bogner Uberschall. Going on the name I thought it was going to be super tight high gain, but it's actually more of a mid-gain pedal, and when you boost the mid control gets some unbelievably thick and creamy sounds for solos. I think the mixed reviews it gets come from an expectation gap between what people think it will do well and what it actually does well. It's knocked the La Grange from my board. My only gripe is that it's not a particularly interesting looking pedal!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom