Spotting a fake on ebay (long-ish)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    I think we're better off trying to expose fakes that are being passed off as non-fakes, aren't we?

Non-Fender masquerading as, erm, non-Fender? Non-story.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    At least 99p is the right price
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3331
    You know you could if you wanted buy it through PayPal then inform them it’s fake and you’d get your money back without having to send the guitar back, you see it’s illegal to knowingly post a counterfeit item through the postal system in the UK. 
    Course im not saying to do it as it’s a dick move itself but ......

• Interesting...if you browse through the seller's feedback, the vast majority of previously sold items are the kind of shite AliExpress is full of, so I suppose it's unsurprising that this is from the same source?

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• Goddamn, that decal's rough! :open_mouth:

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • King85King85 Frets: 631
    That 

Interesting...if you browse through the seller's feedback, the vast majority of previously sold items are the kind of shite AliExpress is full of, so I suppose it's unsurprising that this is from the same source?
    Looking at how long the postage is taking i've no doubt he's just drop shipping from Aliexpress.

• Goddamn, that decal's rough! :open_mouth:

Fair play, you don’t see many Gregory Maldorden signature Strats for sale.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12364
    MAD IN USA
    "OUR TOSSPOT"