SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Traded: Parker Nitefly, £650

What's Hot
richhrichh Frets: 451
edited November 2018 in Guitars £
Parker Nitefly made in the USA

Stainless steel frets, plays effortlessly, lightweight and superb balance on a strap.  Serial number 107226 I think suggests it was made in 1997.  I've had it a few years now, and played it a lot - but there is virtually no fretwear visible and it plays effortlessly.

Comes with tremolo arm and Parker gigbag.

As standard except Seymour Duncan bridge humbucker.  I still have the original (Dimarzio) pickup and this and some extras would be available at extra cost ('Bullwinkle' adapters that allow this to be hung off a standard guitar hanger, and also 2 custom scratchplates, one S/S/S and the other H/H).

The tremolo system works really well, especially so as this is non-locking, and to my ears the sound and feel of the trem is closer to the original Fender type trem.

The body does have various dings on it (from before I had it) but nothing that affects playability.  I had some work done on it by a luthier who was the recommended Parker UK tech at the time, so it plays great, but is certainly not a 'case queen'.  I'm now playing an archtop, so this hasn't been used in a while.

Collection from Oxford would be preferred, but I could ship this if necessary

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Hi...could you tell me what colour this is?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richhrichh Frets: 451
    Sorry, yes - don't know why I'm struggling to post the pics today!

It is burgundy with a white scratchplate.
  • Is this a Nitefly SA then (as opposed to a Nitefly M)?
    No, the SA I believe is 'Swamp Ash', which is the wood the body is made out of.  I have had an 'SA' and also a MidiFly.  Basically, this is the same as an SA in configuration - humbucker at the bridge and 2 single coils.  The 'M' has twin humbuckers.

These are routed with a 'swimming pool' rectangular routing, so it would be relatively easy to change the pickup configuration of any Nitefly for another type.  I've got 2 spare pickguards, as I was tempted to try some changes - but I never got round to it.  One is for 3 x single coils.  I bought 3 Fralins off somebody on the Fretboard, but he stalled for a long time, and ultimately refunded my money, so that never happened.  I've also got a pickguard that would fit 2 humbuckers.  But in the end, I'm just playing my archtop, hence this being offered for sale.

Sorry - I realise that a set of pictures is needed for this.  It is a long time since I've posted a for sale ad here, and for some reason I'm struggling, even though I have images on Imgur.
  • I had an ‘M’...loved it ;)
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1949
    richh said:
    Sorry, yes - don't know why I'm struggling to post the pics today!

It is burgundy with a white scratchplate.
    Cool...cool...

Now could you tell me what you're wearing?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    An image is now successfully posted!!  I think, anyway...

For any more details needed please ask away here or PM me.
    Bump, and if anybody wants any more info on this or the Parker spare parts, please let me know
    Black Friday Bump - move quickly on this and I might be prepared to take £649...
    Now gone (traded), so unless there are any bumps in the road, this is no longer available.  Just a few Parker spares left - wall hanger adapter, spare trem arm...
  • wall hanger adapter? tell me more!
    If you look at the headstock of these Parker guitars, you'll see that it won't hang on a wall hanger - take a look at the pic!

So there is an accessory, named for reasons that I don't know as a 'Bullwinkle'!  So basically this is a piece of hardened plastic shaped to latch onto the back of the Parker headstock (attaches via the Sperzel machineheads) and then this allows you to hang it off a standard wall hanger.

If you don't need to wall hang it though, you don't need one.  I prefer to wall hang, so it keeps the guitars out of reach of kids, cats, etc.  I don't like keeping guitars in cases, I prefer to have them so I can pick up & play straight away.

I hope that makes sense?  In many ways Parker design is 'off the wall' - but that is the whole point really.  Despite the weird looks, my Nitefly is not really that distant a cousin of Leo's strat...
  • richh said:
    So there is an accessory, named for reasons that I don't know as a 'Bullwinkle'!
    ;)

https://media.treehugger.com/assets/images/2011/10/bullwinkle8ow.jpg

It shouldn't only be effects pedals and Friedman amps that have these strange names.  According to today's R4 Women's Hour (see a rant in 'Behind Closed Doors' BTW), there was a gentleman's truss / corset, marketed as 'The Glasgow Stiffener'!
  • I know... I have got a nitefly, so I'd love a pic of it, link, price, whatever... never heard of it, game to buy...

f
    Sorry, what are you actually after @ferenc - one of the accessories, such as the wall hanger?  The guitar is now traded, subject to me meeting a strange man in a dark corner of a service station later this week...
  • You stated you have some spares left, like the wall hanger. Now, as someone, who is stockpiling a full set of fretwire for future repair needs (god help us!), I am interested in this mysterious item. As I said, I have an original USA nitefly and it bothers me not being able to hang it on the wall.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Parker-Fly-Guitar-Wall-Hanger-/162522055447

are we talking about this?

f
    Yes, that is the famous 'Bullwinkle'.  PM me if want to buy one or a spare tremolo arm.  I think all the rest of the other bits, including the custom pickguards are likely to be going as part of the trade I'm doing