Roland Quad Capture driver update puzzle

I record with Reaper on a mid-2014 21.5in iMac. I recently upgraded the OS to Mojave (from an OS older than Sierra). At first I thought my audio interface (Roland Quad Capture) had come through this working fine, but apparently not - it outputs audio no problem, and monitors an incoming signal, but the analog inputs (channels 1 and 2) do not reach Reaper, and neither do the internal digital ones (channels 5 and 6). I haven't tried the SPDIF inputs 3/4, but  I rarely record from this. The level meters in the Quad Capture Control Panel app reflect what is going on in the interface, but when I arm a track in Reaper and select the appropriate input channel, the meters stay dark and no audio is recorded.

Since discovering this, I have uninstalled the old drivers and installed the latest version (1.5.4 - said to be suitable for 10.13 High Sierra and 10.14 Mojave), meticulously following Roland's instructions about removing all the other USB cables first, allowing a re-start, and only connecting the interface after the drivers are loaded. Despite this, still no audio into Reaper.

There is a known issue about allowing downloaded apps, but my privacy settings permit this and no corresponding warnings came up during installation.

I have selected Quad Capture as the input and output device in Audio MIDI Setup, and all its 6 channels come up as available sources on the IN button on each track in Reaper. I have been through the Device and Recording dialog boxes in Preferences>Audio, but I can't see anything to suggest why Reaper isn't 'seeing' the Quad Capture.

Can anyone please suggest any settings I may have missed?

Thanks.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments