Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Favourite Pedal That Produces Weird/Quirky Sounds?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Wow. So many pedals I have not even heard of yet! I'll be checking out demos for the next week. :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    Boss Tera Echo - which I stupidly sold earlier this year. Unearthly sounds and hold function to die for. 

What an idiot. 
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    Fuengi said:
    Boss Tera Echo - which I stupidly sold earlier this year. Unearthly sounds and hold function to die for. 

What an idiot. 
    I'm in exactly the same boat and now I'm fundless and spaceless. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    Roger Linn Adrenalinn III

I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14430
    BOSS SL-20 Slicer
    DOD Buzz Box
    Electro-Harmonix Ring Thing
    Roland VG-99
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • The Source Audio Stringray can do some unusual takes on the filter - including envelope, step, or not. Cool pedal, and I believe they have a stereo filter coming to their One Series soon.
  • The red panda is still the one I think I’d enjoy out of all the others mentioned but a pricey thing to be sure...
  • lewism said:
    timhulio said:
    LAL Rattle Crow

For when wasps in a jam jar just isn’t enough - they’ve got to have diarrhoea as well.
    It's like someone captured nails down a chalkboard and added fuzz.
    I wouldn't even use that as a paperweight
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • The Henry Kaiser stutter. Problem is, it only sounds this good through a Dumble.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DdiggerDdigger Frets: 2364
    Mid-Fi Pitch Pirate

https://www.midfielectronics.com/pitchpirate

He won't ship to the EU as the pedal is not RoHS.

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9538
    edited November 2018
    I went down the weird pedal rabbit hole a few years ago, and my findings was that most were unusuable...

However, the stand out ones for me were;

1.) Strymon El Cap - strange choice ?! Well, the ‘sound-on-sound’ feature was truly superb, and could create weird infinte (if required) degrading loops. Even in my current ‘pedal-free’ state, its the one pedal Id like this own again.

2.) Red Panda Particle - gorgeous reverse sounds.

3.) Kemper - best weird delay options out there. Full stop. Love the ability to add reverse delay to any delay setting, and to assign two weirdos to one footswitch.

4.) Helix - best routing out there. “Delay in one speaker, reverse loop in the other Sir ?” Not a problem. Again, I will own one when a used one appears.

5.) Merris - all the range has unique ability, and is easier than most at reproduction of the sounds you are creating.
  • Ts-9
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • borntohangborntohang Frets: 139
    edited November 2018
    Copilot FX Arrow Airwaves, which I picked up for next to nothing. It's basically an envelope triggered white noise generator with a mix and fine tune. It's literally just noise and not much else - also extremely loud due to the wide frequency band. Sounds apocalyptic in front of a noisy setup though.
  • solarsolar Frets: 174

1.) Strymon El Cap - strange choice ?! Well, the ‘sound-on-sound’ feature was truly superb, and could create weird infinte (if required) degrading loops. Even in my current ‘pedal-free’ state, its the one pedal Id like this own again.

Got mine for sale in the classifieds if you're interested ;)

I'd chip in with anything by Dwarfcraft but particularly the Super Wizard - which is their lofi Minivan delay combined with their Wizard of Pitch pitchshifter, with the added ability to put the pitchshifter in the effects loop of the delay. Bonkers but somehow very musical and controllable.

... as it happens, my Super Wizard is also for sale in the classifieds!
  • Has anyone seen the demos for the new Chase Bliss pedal. Seems like it overlaps in some ways with the Red Panda Particle, but is very different in other ways...