SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: 1989 Gibson Les Paul Custom *£1900

What's Hot
jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2474
edited November 2018 in Guitars £

Here is an excellent example of a Les Paul Custom made in 1989. I have loved owning this guitar but play a lot more acoustic at the moment so am selling to fund a nice acoustic. 

It’s in very good shape and is all original except the barrel knobs have been replaced with official Gibson replacements at some point.

This is a proper custom with ebony fingerboard which Gibson don’t do anymore unless you pay a substantial amount more than this!

Weight is 9lb 14oz which isn’t too heavy compared to most from this era. Frets show a little wear but nothing that hinders play. 

Original pickups have tarnished and the overall vibe of this guitar is very vintage! Looks like a ‘69 in many respects. The original Nashville ABR bridge has dipped a bit so I’ve fitted an aged gold replacement ABR-1 from Crazyparts.

Please note there is some wear on the back of the neck where some of the black finish has worn through to the mahogany. This is smooth to the touch and is to be expected on a custom that has been played. 

I’d prefer collection but will post, please contact me to arrange. Thank you!

More pics here: https://imgur.com/a/jXqjUCc

Price is £2000 firm, no trades thanks 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments