Forster D-SS in torrefied sitka/Indian rosewood - the best guitar I've ever made

What's Hot
Ian finished this video off the other day. Put your headphones in and have a listen.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nigel
http://www.nkforsterguitars.com/blog/the-best-sounding-acoustic-guitar-ive-ever-made/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• How do you post a video?!
  • This one:

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ah...
    Anyway, you can read more about it on the blog. 
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4217
    Good god.....what a sound! Congratulations.
  • Utterly mesmerising. 

I wouldn't have picked this out as a Dreadnought in a blind test in a 1000 years. 

• AliGorieAliGorie Frets: 308
    just to be expected Nige, I commented on u'r dread in the past - the one with Braz b/sides - what a stunner, and I didn't put that down to the Braz, the 'voice' has to be 'made' in the top.
    This is a very refined and mature instrument and really anyone looking for a superb soloing instrument - if the 'shape' fits - this is it.
    I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on this instrument given the post title.
    happy building
  • Yep, I really like my Dreads. TYeah - you loved that video I did years ago with Michael Watts (before he was famous) they're nothing like the traditional one. None of the boomyness or wooliness that can occur with them.

Why have you never ordered one?

I'm planning on a new model based on this - I'll call it the "Baby Boomer!" Every now and again I get an email from someone in their 70s that reads something like - "Ok, I can wait two years to get it, but I don't feel I want to wait for another 5 before it opens up."

I'm done working with Indian rosewood now, so in the future, I'll be using wenge probably as the standard wood. Until that goes on the CITES list too...

Nigel
    http://www.nkforsterguitars.com/blog/the-best-sounding-acoustic-guitar-ive-ever-made/
  • nkforsternkforster Frets: 29
    edited November 2018
    Duplicate post. I always seem to have a lot of technical bother on this forum...