SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Looking for something to push my rockerverb 50w. Tubescreamer? Boosts? OD?

Looking for an overdrive to push my rockerverb 50w. 

Tubescreamer? Maxon 808? SHO? Proco Rat

Thanks in advance

George
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rawk100rawk100 Frets: 1757
    edited November 2018
    Id try a tubescreamer first and see how you get on, maybe try one of the cheaper mini pedals. There's a mxr m77 badass overdrive in classifieds that could be the ticket too..
  • I've got an 808 going and a shred master... And due to a number of bad decisions maybe a Lovepedal supersix srv
  • Having built over 50 different popular overdrive and boost circuits the Klon centaur circuit is by far my favourite.

I have one of my very own for sale here:
    http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/144172/fs-supapuss-zoom-ms-50-boss-rc3-looper-spark-boost-mini-klone-eb-vol#latest
  • Rothwell Tornado - JFET so will be all levels of creamy
  • gjonesygjonesy Frets: 146
    try a TC electronic dark matter, gain low, level high - cheap as chips brand new so low risk if you dont like it
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6196
    tFB Trader
    Peacekeeper is ideal for this, i use mine with a Rockerverb MKIII
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2328
    I've got a modded Boss SD1.  Sounds fecking awesome and I'm a right pedal tart..
  • Matt_McGMatt_McG Frets: 324
    One that I've found really good for pushing an already dirty/crunch amp is the OD-250. I built the Fuzzdog clone, and it works really well for that. I don't find it as good for pushing a clean amp, though. I find other pedals -- Zendrive, Honey Bee, ODR-1 etc -- better for that.
  • I actually had a heavily tweaked Rat clone built, that has a second input that goes back to your amp footswitch socket, so you press one button and it changes channel and activates the pedal. Has a switch that reverses the polarity of the switch so you can decide which channel it activates on.

It was built to work with a Rocker 30, so would be perfect for a Rockerverb too.