What is the shelf life of Music Nomad F-One Oil?

What's Hot
As per title, I've had a bottle of this Oil for about 5 years, silly question, but, might it be not good to use now. I would assume Oil would last ages but thought I would check? Not used it in a couple of years.

Thanks.
Only a Fool Would Say That.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NPPNPP Frets: 236
    I'm not familiar with that brand or type of oil but I've used linseed oil that was a good 15 years old on furniture with no ill effects

• Having just spoke to the head of UK distribution for Musicnomad gear, @Bellycaster , your F-One oil should be good unless it has been stored below freezing point.
  • Thanks @Handsome_Chris The house does get cold sometimes, but I think it should be OK ;)

I suppose it will last a few more years if stored at a reasonable temperature?
  • @Bellycaster ,  I expect that you can keep it for ages at a reasonable temperature, but why not just use the stuff?  I use it once every six months on my guitars, unfinished maple too, and they come up a treat.

Have you been neglecting your guitars?  :P 
  • I have to admit to becoming lazy @Handsome_Chris ;

I have more Guitars now, so it takes them longer to become dirty as there is less play time on each. That's my excuse anyway :)

I'll have to treat them all soon.
  • It's been buried in the Earth's crust for millennia, so another 5 years isn't going to make a difference.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3589
    NPP said:
    I'm not familiar with that brand or type of oil but I've used linseed oil that was a good 15 years old on furniture with no ill effects
    Bloody youngsters, I've a Glass bottle of 'Polycel' linseed that must be nearer 40 years old and still gets used to dab here and there once in a while. The screw on plastic lid can be a bugger to move though.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlonde said:
    NPP said:
    Bloody youngsters, I've a Glass bottle of 'Polycel' linseed that must be nearer 40 years old and still gets used to dab here and there once in a while. The screw on plastic lid can be a bugger to move though.
    And you tell kids that now and they don't believe you.