NGD: Like Bleedin' Buses....

What's Hot
IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
edited November 2018 in Guitar tFB Trader
So....I'd been looking for a 50's Junior again for the best part of 18 months...and last month 2 came along within a fortnight of each other!!

So here's the second acquisition, from a top chap on here, an all original 1958 Les Paul Junior! One of the last of the single cuts. Note the black knobs - should be amber - however they are original 50's so either it left the factory like that - perhaps they ran out of amber one afternoon and pinched two black ones from the DC's that were about to be made - or the original owner swapped them soon after he bought it. 

Either way, its a screamer! A touch more 'polite' than the TV Model but no less well rounded...

http://www.ivisonguitars.com
(formerly miserneil)
0reaction image LOL 21reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Cor Blimey Guv!  :o
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Holy shit
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The tobacco sunburst is an iconic guitar for me. The first album I ever purchased was Mountain Live where Leslie West played one. Reinforced by seeing Martin Barre playing one with Jethro Tull in the 70's, and being blown away by his playing and awesome sound.

It's not a competition.
  • Lovely Neil  :) it sounded fantastic too! 
  • Lovely no cure for your disease LOL
  • Lovely guitar, but have you thought about turning it into a burst... ;-)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    Lovely guitar, but have you thought about turning it into a burst... ;-)
    Head over to Making and Modding Victor and see me plunge the router in in real time! ;)
    (formerly miserneil)
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14264
    tFB Trader
    Looks nice Neil - And more for you to ponder as you use such influences for Ivison - hope Ivison is starting to do okay
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Are they for reference @miserneil as you could make them. Or you just like them ?
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    edited November 2018
    miserneil said:
    So....I'd been looking for a 50's Junior again for the best part of 18 months...and last month 2 came along within a fortnight of each other!!

So here's the second acquisition, from a top chap on here, an all original 1958 Les Paul Junior! One of the last of the single cuts. Note the black knobs - should be amber - however they are original 50's so either it left the factory like that - perhaps they ran out of amber one afternoon and pinched two black ones from the DC's that were about to be made - or the original owner swapped them soon after he bought it. 

Either way, its a screamer! A touch more 'polite' than the TV Model but no less well rounded...

Great pair. This solves the which junior colour is best conundrum.
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14264
    tFB Trader
    Iamnobody said:
    miserneil said:

Great pair. This solves the which junior colour is best conundrum.
    IMO the best colour is missing, so one more purchase required to complete the pack - But they book look ultra cool don't they
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • That is indeed a beauty. I am lucky enough to have had a quick strum and it feels and sounds as gorgeous as it looks. Need I say the D word...?  ;) :)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 658
    I've never played a Junior....... but I want one sooo bad..... nice score congrats.
    tFB Trader
    Looks nice Neil - And more for you to ponder as you use such influences for Ivison - hope Ivison is starting to do okay
    Thanks Mark. It's really finding its feet thank you, orders are coming in and I took them in to Chris at Amp Guitars in Macclesfield to check out and he immediately wanted to stock them so I'm made up! Actually got a builder coming round this evening to price up a new workshop! 

hotpickups said:
    Are they for reference @miserneil as you could make them. Or you just like them ?
    Hey David. Both! I love Juniors as you know - the sound, look, everything about them! My wife and I are also big fans of 50's culture - I drive a '59 Ford Consul, we attend Rock n' Roll events, Car shows etc - and I also see them as part of 'Pop Culture' if you like, a tangible link to the 50's, small pieces of musical history that can be picked up and inspire me to play and create music.

They are also a great reference point for my own builds as my USP is the fact that the guitars are as close to vintage as I can get. I find it very helpful to have one nearby so I can reference measurements (especially neck profiles) and make sure i'm not straying too far from the originals. The '57 SC model I make is exceptionally close in sound and feel to this '58 so i'm very happy indeed!
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader

That is indeed a beauty. I am lucky enough to have had a quick strum and it feels and sounds as gorgeous as it looks. Need I say the D word...?  ;) :)
    "Don't even think about it" ??
    (formerly miserneil)
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2412
    Single cuts are soooo much cooler than double.