Advice needed – Stand alone activity tracker (fitbit type of thing)

I've been asked by my father-in-law about fitbit/activity monitor type of things (xmas present from him to my mother-in-law), despite being perfectly tech savvy these are not at all in my frame of reference (I like tech and apple stuff but not keen on bigbrothering or plugging myself into things).

Anyway MiL not at all tech literate so the thing needs to be useable and controllable with minimal or no interaction with a smartphone, desktop or tablet. They do have a PC (quite old now) and kindle fire tablet (2 or 3 years old) but both get used very infrequently.

So any recommendations on something that will do the usual steps, calories, sleep patterns etc all accessible and controllable from the device itself?

Thanks in advance, I do suspect this may well be this year's footspa! 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Most of the benefits to had from trackers requires the phone app. However the fitbit Alta would be worth a look. It will display ,steps , heart rate etc. without the app.Its generally more accurate than cheaper manufacturers ,looks smart and is decent quality.
  • bobblehat said:
    Most of the benefits to had from trackers requires the phone app. However the fitbit Alta would be worth a look. It will display ,steps , heart rate etc. without the app.Its generally more accurate than cheaper manufacturers ,looks smart and is decent quality.
    I'll have google of that now, thanks @bobblehat :)
  • Paul7926Paul7926 Frets: 227
    edited November 2018
    Fitbit charge 2 will give steps and heart rate on the device but for any history or sleep patterns you need to use the phone app. However after the actual set up it's really easy to use. Mrs 7926 can get on with it fine and she isn't a lover of apps to start with.