Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Blue Flower Telecaster Body

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11452
    ukdaasfan said:
    The Electrics are OK now. But as stated the wallpaper has detached and the clear coat flaked off :-(

An improvement surely!  :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Got any pics?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • On original USA Fenders, the wallpaper was notorious for becoming detached and chunks of the clear coat would drop off.

I have never seen this occur on the MIJ/CIJ re-issues. 
    I’ve got Japanese blue flower Stratocaster which I bought new around 10 years ago from Andertons for only £295 as they’d been discontinued. Over the years the thick clear coat has cracked at the neck pocket but this often happens on Strats. Otherwise the finish is as good as the day DPD delivered it. I know that the original paisley and blue flower guitars were covered in wallpaper and lacquered but not sure what they did with the Japanese guitars. 
  • ukdaasfanukdaasfan Frets: 5
    edited February 2019
    Oddly I got mine from Andertons. Must have had a job lot. lol. But it in around 1992.... that's.... well a long time ago. I paid for it with my Student loan.
  • Get someone to refinish it - the body sounds fine! If you don't want it, then send it to me pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee! Ha!