Power supply for small Boss board

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    zepp76 said:
    It's pricey but the Strymon Ojai is a great power supply.
    I can also vouch for the absolute silence and quality of my zuma. 

The only downside for the op here is probably the price and also the Ojai has an external box on its power supply cord. 

But I'm a convert.. I planned to buy an ojai expansion to link to my zuma, but really I should just make do with 8 or 9 pedals lol! 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    ICBM said:
    Maynehead said:
    I swapped my PSA-240 which came with my BCB-60 for a PSA-230, which is smaller, lighter, plus has 500mA max current compared to 200mA of the PSA-240.
    Do you notice any increase in noise? I have with some of the new switch-mode (the smaller and lighter) ones. The older PSA-240 is transformer-based.
    I actually swapped because I thought my PSA-240 was noisy. Turned out that the new one made no difference (for the better or worse) and that the noise was coming from my cheap practice cable.

But I kept the new one because it was smaller and lighter and had more output.
  • FezFez Frets: 532
    If you want to try a one spot bring your li'l board round and you can try my one spot to see if you get any noise.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    Dunno about the PH1R  power requirement, but for 9v isolated dc, the Harley Benton power station  does a great job. Simply 5 isolated 9v outputs 
  • sgosden said:
    Dunno about the PH1R  power requirement, but for 9v isolated dc, the Harley Benton power station  does a great job. Simply 5 isolated 9v outputs 
    I have one but it’s to big to fit in the box. Good power supply otherwise.