SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: PRS Mira/Starla Core

Alfi27Alfi27 Frets: 52
edited November 2018 in Guitars £
Hi fellas, 

Mira
After having been stupid enough to sell off not one, not two but three Miras, I want a fourth one that hopefully won't be sold... Pretty much the only requirement I have is that the neck must be the pattern regular and not wide thin, and I'm not too keen on a Mira X unless I can try it out first.

It can be a standard all mahogany Mira, the standard with a maple top or very preferably the 245 Soapbar with P90s! Fancy, uncommon finishes are also very welcome and I would really like bird inlays, although I have never seen one with bird inlays and pattern regular neck... Could anyone confirm if that is actually a thing, by the way? If bird inlays equal wide thin neck? 

I would also apprecciate dearly if you could be honest whether the guitar is neck heavy, as I'm more of a singer that also plays guitar in my band it would be great if the guitar doesn't pretend to be a scuba diver if I put my hands on the mic stand for half a second... 

Starla Stoptail
Very rare guitar that I can't even find any old ads for in the UK, seems to be to the Mira what the SC Les Paul Special is to the DC Les Paul Special which is usually my preference.

I won't bother writing too much on this as I don't really expect to get any enquiries for one, pretty much the same preferences as with the Mira but as long as it's hardtail and all mahogany I'm interested!  

I'm located close to the Liverpool City Center, and I have some gold (money) and loads of stuff to trade so I'm sure we'll come to an agreement. Just to be clear, if you want cash only I will be able to provide that  

Cheers 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Alfi27Alfi27 Frets: 52
    Cheers! I have, but I would prefer to find a used one from the core series as they go cheaper than a new S2 and have some really nice details the S2 doesn't have. That being said, I would consider an S2 Singlecut for the right price. 
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5442
    Station Music in Germany has had a stoptail Starla like forever. Bet they'd be up for a deal - https://www.station-musicshop.de/epages/64398533.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/64398533/Products/8596
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23024
    Alfi27 said:

Mira
    I would really like bird inlays, although I have never seen one with bird inlays and pattern regular neck... Could anyone confirm if that is actually a thing, by the way? If bird inlays equal wide thin neck? 
    I had a Mira Korina with birds and a regular neck.  I can't say for certain you could get a mahogany one with the same spec, but I don't remember ever reading that you couldn't.
  • Pm'd
    Whitecat said:
    Station Music in Germany has had a stoptail Starla like forever. Bet they'd be up for a deal - https://www.station-musicshop.de/epages/64398533.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/64398533/Products/8596
    Cheers, I did come across it but didn't know that they have had it for so long. The price is way too high though, I can get a really nice used 10 top Singlecut for less and I would be surprised if they would drop it that much. I did send them a message though, they might surprise me  =)

Philly_Q said:
    Alfi27 said:

Mira
    I would really like bird inlays, although I have never seen one with bird inlays and pattern regular neck... Could anyone confirm if that is actually a thing, by the way? If bird inlays equal wide thin neck? 
    I had a Mira Korina with birds and a regular neck.  I can't say for certain you could get a mahogany one with the same spec, but I don't remember ever reading that you couldn't.
    That is interesting, I thought the Korinas came with wide thin regardless of inlays, but as I came over an old ad yesterday with a mahogany Mira with birds and regular neck, I think we can mark that mystery as resolved  ;)
    Whitecat said:
    Cheers, I did come across it but didn't know that they have had it for so long. The price is way too high though, I can get a really nice used 10 top Singlecut for less and I would be surprised if they would drop it that much. I did send them a message though, they might surprise me  =)

Philly_Q said:
    Alfi27 said:

Mira
    That is interesting, I thought the Korinas came with wide thin regardless of inlays, but as I came over an old ad yesterday with a mahogany Mira with birds and regular neck, I think we can mark that mystery as resolved  ;)