SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn - Feeler - potential FS/FT, 1968 BLONDE Gibson ES-330 in excellent condition...

DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
edited November 2018 in Guitars £
This was a pretty recent purchase, and its a wonderful thing, particularly considering that it's 50 years old. The photos certainly don't flatter it, it really is in super condition, with some subtle and tasty lacquer checking. It's almost all original with one pot change and it's case is a Gibson case from a couple of years later. Theres plenty of life left in the frets, although there's wear in them. I bought it from Mike at @ATB_Guitars and the details are still on the ATB site if you want a fuller description. 

I couldn't resist it as its a) such a lovely guitar and b) super rare in blonde for this year. Mike hadn't actually seen another one in this colour from 1968 before. So, why I am I putting a 
'feeler' out about it? Well, go on then - I'll tell you. I have a few guitars, and they all have significantly chunkier necks. This is undoubtedly a slimline neck, and a little slim for my sausage fingers.

Its about 30/35% dearer than other ES330s of this era, and that's down to the rarity value of the blonde finish - as they say, find another one. Well, don't, obviously. I'd be asking £5995 for it. I know that it's a fair chunk of cash (well, it is for me!) so would certainly look at a part exchange. It would probably have to have holes in it (deliberately at point of manufacture, preferably!) although a CS Tele or something along those lines might do, vintage or modern -  330/335/345/355/295/L4/LPJ, that sort of thing! 

Drop me a PM if you might be interested -  it's not for sale anywhere, although a couple of people are aware that it might be. Well, more than a couple now, obviously. I'm in Stafford, but don't mind a trek if it floats your boat! Cheers

-  '

Call me Dave.
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BrizeBrize Frets: 5630
    Woah, I love that neck. Did all 330s from that period have the five-piece neck?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    I don't think so. On Mike's site, he describes it as 3 piece construction more commonly seen on an ES-340. It does look lovely though.
    Call me Dave.
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    edited November 2018
    Withdrawn now. I was wrestling with the thought that the frets felt a bit on the low side, so its now residing with the excellent @SteveRobinson for a refret. I thought about the originality of it, but decided that it was the playability that was more important, and that as many people were likely to be put off by low frets as would be put off by lack off originality. Besides, it seems to be that refretting is seen as more of a function rather than an alteration. I know that Steve will do a great job, having just picked up my Gibson Grabber bass and my 1938 ES150 from him. 

Call me Dave.