Starter / practice headphone amp

SunDevilSunDevil Frets: 511
Whats the best of the bunch for a portable headphone amp with built in tuner and effects?

..Xmas present for my 14yr old to encourage him to try guitar
The answer was never 42 - it's 1/137 (..ish)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5796
    There are a million little amp solutions, all with their own strengths. The one you need is probably the one he thinks is the coolest. 

Its all about making the idea appealing at the start. 
  • SunDevilSunDevil Frets: 511
    Anyone got any recommendations?
    The answer was never 42 - it's 1/137 (..ish)
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 616
    Much depends on budget and how small/portable you want. I've had fly 3. Thr10. Line6 75. All very good. The one I kept was the line 6 great sound, use it a BT soundbox for iPod and iPad music. Has the lot. If he likes an iPad then the line 6 75 has great tweak ability.also can play a track and ask it to download that tone. Because it has multi speakers it can do both guitar tone and the music hi if. Check out the demos. If you are local to me you are welcome to check mine out. If that too big a footprint I'd look at thr10
  • timbuk02timbuk02 Frets: 273
    Line 6 Pocket Pod - especially if he is just 'trying out' guitar. Has all the effects you could want, tuner and a line in to jam with tracks. He can clip it to his belt when running on batteries to throw rock star moves. The neat thing for inspiring 'teens' is theres loads of pre-sets and a downloadable library so you can sound like _insert fave band here_ if you know only a few chords. Also pretty durable. If you do get one, recommend getting a power supply too, as can chew up batteries.
  • It is 2 devices but you can get one of the zoom multistomp pedals and a Vox Amplug.