Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Best budget Klone?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Also worth considering is that if you but a £15 Mosky and you don't like it, it'll be nigh on impossible to sell so you'll lose £15 on it. If you but a second hand better one, you'll likely get your money back if you sell it so if selling it on is likely, the more expensive option may in fact be cheaper
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    edited November 2018
    /\ you may not be able to recoup much in a sale but just look at the face of a youngster starting out when you hand it to him for free!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I have a zombie klone (which someone on OSG said was indistinguishable from his real silver centaur) and the zoom power drive (which cost me £25). The pot taper on the zoom controls is a bit weird, and obviously, the separate treble/bass controls aren't accurate to the centaur, but it can honestly sound very much the same as the zombie at low gain levels.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Our guitarist uses a Fredric Klone. He also previously had an original Klon bought from new, that he sold when the price got silly, then replaced it with a KTR, and eventually sold that too and stuck with the Fredric because it was indistinguishable for a fraction of the price.

Also, the customer service at Fredric is second-to-none, and they are a brand that are well worth supporting.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JotaJota Frets: 465
    I have the Mosky Silver Horse.
    It's been working for 3 months. No problems so far (knock on wood).
    It may come off the board since it's not a sound I use much but It can be very helpful in one band I'm in so, maybe it takes the place of the KoT that I don't use it that band and I put the KoT back in for the other stuff.
    Sorry, just thinking out loud now...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom