Ebay scammer or am I just paranoid

What's Hot
Ok here it goes, I’ve got two ads on eBay for some guitar parts, nothing of great value just a few tremolo/bridge parts.
I’ve been contacted by the same person/buyer at least twice now over the last few days asking about ‘click and collect’ and how I should be utilising it, and that he’d only be interested in bidding on my amp amp the items if they were ‘click and collect’ only, 
I’ve checked both my listings and I’ve not got it ‘click and collect’ selected, I don’t understand why he’s banging on about it. I’ve told him that I’d only post via recorded or special delivery as this is what I always do. Is this some weird eBay marketing? or scam? or am I being a bit daft?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Click and collect is genuinely a better option for me too, as there's rarely anyone in to sign for delivery at home. Just means I can go to my local pickup shop at my convenience 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    If he wants to collect and you insist on cash only then I don’t see a problem.  Is he local?
    Cound be he thinks it’s easier or quicker if he’s not at home when the post delivers.   
    Unless he is talking about using PP and collecting then I can’t see the scam unless it’s a new one.  
  • sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 429
    tFB Trader
    I thought "click and collect" was when they pay via PayPal as normal and you deliver to their nearest Argos, where they then collect at their convenience.

I stopped selling on eBay in the summer so can't be sure.  It is supposedly convenient for the buyer as if they know they won't be in at the time of delivery, they can collect when they have the time after work or whatever. 

If it isn't the Argos thing as I suspect, then sod him, if he keeps going on about it then just wait for the next buyer.
    For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mortmort Frets: 719
    Yes, click and collect is the Argos thing.

I imagine it’s more convenient for him, perhaps a handy Argos close to work.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    He’s probably not a scammer. I send half of the stuff I sell to Argos or Sainsbury’s holding points.
    That said, you’re the seller, so I wouldn’t let someone bully me into doing something I wasn’t happy with. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72413
    I think if you send it to Argos it’s safer, since the buyer can’t claim non-delivery if the shop has received it. It will be logged into their system as being available for collection.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Thanks all for your responses
  • mort said:
    Yes, click and collect is the Argos thing.

I imagine it’s more convenient for him, perhaps a handy Argos close to work.
    Not just Argos, I often buy “click and collect “ and pick up from my local Sainsbury’s or a convenience store in town.