Gibson Historic Neck Shave

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3301
    tFB Trader
    I've reprofiled 2 necks, 1 tele 1 strat, both wanted my gibson vintage carve profile and made a massive difference to playability, can't speak for tone and both loved them

Even 3 tele necks that went to Germany had that profile, it's my favourite anyway, it's off a 58 dc basket case I've got to restore 
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • photekphotek Frets: 1468
    edited November 2018
    The tricky thing is there are 698 billion 335s with slim necks and 9 or 10 with massive necks, just get one with a slimmer neck.

Edit: just read you comment about not wanting opinions, ignore the above :)
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1425
    edited November 2018
    photek said:
    The tricky thing is there are 698 billion 335s with slim necks and 9 or 10 with massive necks, just get one with a slimmer neck.

Edit: just read you comment about not wanting opinions, ignore the above
    Haha. That’s ok. I’m only looking at options at the moment and have been considering your suggestion anyway. My problem is I actually prefer bigger necks generally. I used to have a slim neck 335 and I just found it really uncomfortable. The neck on my 335 is a bit unwieldy really but everything else about it is perfect. Certainly not in a rush to do anything drastic though. Thanks for taking the time to post.
  • Similar story with my 335. I had the shoulders shaved without sanding the midline. 
    Feels more comfortable, tone and stability unchanged.
    Its still not a perfect neck (slightly too wide and not deep enough) but everything else about it is spot on, and so it was worth doing.