Line 6 HX FX control knob broken - Help!

clarke_111clarke_111 Frets: 58
Hi all - looking for any advice - 3 days into owning my new HX FX (and only about an hours play time) I sat down this morn and quickly realised that one of the control knobs (number 1 the first small dial) was not working at all. All other functions are working fine but that knob is doing nothing. Turned it on and off etc but no good - it was working perfectly at 7pm last night and has not been moved/touched since and is dead this morn.

Has anyone had this with a helix type device - any tips on how to fix? I looked on the Line 6 support site, but the advice for broken knobs appeared t be take it to a service centre - the nearest seemingly Milton Keynes and I am based in Bristol.

Clearly as it's only 3 days old I can contact Andertons (where I purchased it) and request it is returned, but I have started with creating patches and stuff would would rather not have the hassle. 

Anyone else had this? I had always heard that line 6 stuff was bombproof in terms of build, but this is my first first hand experience so clearly a little underwhelmed.

Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I've been using various Helix products pretty much since release. Never had a problem. I would say back up your presets and send it back. I couldn't say whether it will be a repair or replacement (with it being so new it could be the latter) but you should be able to get sorted quite quickly. Sorry. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• Thanks for the prompt reply - as I said - I was pretty surprised as heard nothing but good things. Must just be a odd case. I will contact the retailer and look to send back. Thanks

• Ok-next question. Annoyingly I’m going to have to send it back and given andertons have no more in stock I’m going to have to get a refund.. half tempted to cut my losses at that-but I did really like the unit and would like to think this is just a fluke occurance.

ive backed up my unit online-if I get a new one can I plug it in and download the presets I have backed up directly to the unit? 
  • I'd buy elsewhere asap - might be able to get a new one with a discount.

Cyber Monday or something....
  • If resetting everything doesn't work.  Then yes send it back.

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• That’s what I am looking at, but nowhere seems to be doing a deal-does anyone know of anywhere. PMT are doing 10% off-but are charging 10% more than everyone else!! 
  • It easy to reset though. Give that a go

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• clarke_111clarke_111 Frets: 58
    edited November 2018
    How do you reset? Looked it up and it looks like holding down footswitch 6 and tap should do it but it’s not working 

scratch that-done it now-no good though. Must be a loose connection. Dissapointed
  • That's a shame. 

• Yeah-annoying, and apparently Andertons are now out of stock and have no more on order at the mo which seems strange-not sure what’s happening there. So looks like I’ll have to get a refund and may look to purchase elsewhere as I liked the unit. 

It felt ‘mechaincal’ rather than software related - I think it was probably a loose connection of some sort. 
  • I've heard of a few Helix joysticks breaking in the early days but never a rotary knob. There's a video of one being kicked across the floor by it and it's fine.

really unlucky dude, hope you find a replacement quick
  • Once you have one working you will find it’s really rather good

• Get a refund mate, and buy one elsewhere...

Stock availability seems high most places (eg Guitar Guitar have 10 in stock)
  • Thanks all - right the broken one has gone off to Andertons for a refund, and I've re-bought from PMT (using black Friday code despite there being a negligible saving as it was 10% more expensive there!). New one has now arrived so touch wood they'll be no more issues!!