Katana Expression Pedal

What's Hot
BlackbooksBlackbooks Frets: 26
I'm thinking of getting an expression pedal for my Katana amp for controlling volume/wah.  Has anyone used one of these with their amp?  If so what do you use? 

I was thinking of getting the Roland EV5 pedal but are there better options out there?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I use the M-Audio EX-P Expression Pedal with my Katana. That's at home though. Not sure it's all-plastic construction would stand up to rough use.

• @Grumpyrocker ;
    I'll look into that pedal as it's a lot cheaper than the Boss equivalent.  Have you encountered any compatibility issues? 
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31592
    I have three expression pedals lying around here and I still bought the EV-5 for my Katana, the ones I already had were either the wrong pot value or a weird taper. 

Doubtless I could have saved 20 quid or so if I'd bought something else, but the homework required to prevent me buying twice just didn't seem worth the hassle tbh. 
  • @p90fool ;
    Thanks...the EV-5 was top of my list however if there are other pedals that do the same job, I might look at those.  A Google search didn't really show much other than a couple of people having issues with the M-Audio pedal so I thought I'd try on here to see what other people are using. 
  • The M-Audio EX-P Expression Pedal is £14.  Does it actually do the job or is it junk?
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31592
    The M-Audio EX-P Expression Pedal is £14.  Does it actually do the job or is it junk?
    You need to compare the pot spec to the Roland one, if it's the same it'll work. 

If not you might find you reach 100% only a third of the way through its travel, rendering it pretty useless in practice. 
  • I had not seen any positive reviews for using the M-Audio EX-P Expression Pedal with the Katana amps before I started this thread so I thought I would ask here...  I ended up going with the Roland EV5 just because that should be 100% compatible. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • More expensive but the Boss EV-30 duel expressionexpres nice solid construction and you could use it in pedal chain aswell
  • I had not seen any positive reviews for using the M-Audio EX-P Expression Pedal with the Katana amps before I started this thread so I thought I would ask here...  I ended up going with the Roland EV5 just because that should be 100% compatible. 
    The thing that puts me off the ev5 is the hardwired cable.  The ev30 looks good although a bit pricey.