Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Bob Dylan and Neil Young co-headline UK festival

What's Hot
RabsRabs Frets: 2619
in Off Topic tFB Trader

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-46346435

For the first time, veteran singers Bob Dylan and Neil Young have been announced as joint headliners at a UK music festival.

Both musicians will play London's Hyde Park as part of British Summer Time on 12 July though it's not yet clear in which order they will play.

The pair have shared a stage many times previously, beginning in 1976 at a farewell show for Dylan's backing band.

They have also named-checked each other in several songs.

In 2005, Young told Time magazine he was a "B" student of Bob Dylan, adding: "I'll never be Bob Dylan.

"He's the master. If I'd like to be anyone, it's him."

Dylan repaid the compliment in 2007, telling Rolling Stone: "He's sincere and he's got a God-given talent. With that voice of his and the melodic strain that runs through absolutely everything he does... There's nobody in his category."

Dylan, who won the 2016 Nobel Prize in Literature, toured the UK last summer while Young played the O2 in London two years ago

Earlier this summer, artists including Roger Waters, Bruno Mars and Michael Buble played the Hyde Park festival.

Tickets for Dylan and Young go on presale on Tuesday and general sale on Friday.

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• £325 to get in the "Diamond Circle"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31760
    Sounds like a living hell - Emperor's New Clothes anyone? 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • They’ll be plenty who won’t think twice....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8554
    Neil Young is still on my must see list before he (or I) die so I might just have a bit of this as it’s local.
  • The ‘catch them while they’re still around’ tour.

Neil can still be amazing live, but depends on the band and material.

I last saw Dylan back when ‘Love and Theft’ came out, i’m glad i’ve seen him live but don’t feel the need to repeat it. 

I’ll pass, despite being a big fan of both. 
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2619
    tFB Trader
    They’ll be plenty who won’t think twice....

Yeah, I think its £75 for a standard ticket..  If you like them both and have wanted to ever see them, its a no brainer really.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Lol 
  • £325?

That'll be me straight for the turnstiles.

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6127
    It ain’t me babe.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWynd said:
    It ain’t me babe.
    You more the sort who like a Rolling Stone?
    It's alright
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114
    Mrs Terada just surprised me saying she's got us tickets to this. Really looking forward to it!
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    terada said:
    Mrs Terada just surprised me saying she's got us tickets to this. Really looking forward to it!

I went a few years back where among others the line up included Motorhead, Soundgraden, Faith No More and Black Sabbath. Was a really amazing day.

One thing id advise.. Take some of your own food in.. The prices in there are a bit silly (as you kind of expect these days).. I cant remember if they check bags but I was wearing combats that day and stuck a sandwich and stuff in my pockets  which they didn't check.

• teradaterada Frets: 5114
    Rabs said:
    terada said:

I went a few years back where among others the line up included Motorhead, Soundgraden, Faith No More and Black Sabbath. Was a really amazing day.

One thing id advise.. Take some of your own food in.. The prices in there are a bit silly (as you kind of expect these days).. I cant remember if they check bags but I was wearing combats that day and stuck a sandwich and stuff in my pockets  which they didn't check.

Thanks for the tip. Haven't been to a proper gig in years (only been to really small stuff these days) so not 100% sure what to expect, I'm guessing they'll try and fleece me for everything though. Really looking forward to neil, I've been a fan of his music since I was a teen. I did see Dylan about a decade ago and he was a bit of a let down tbh, I was super excited for it though so maybe had set my expectations too high. 

edited November 2018 tFB Trader
    terada said:
    Rabs said:
    terada said:

Thanks for the tip. Haven't been to a proper gig in years (only been to really small stuff these days) so not 100% sure what to expect, I'm guessing they'll try and fleece me for everything though. Really looking forward to neil, I've been a fan of his music since I was a teen. I did see Dylan about a decade ago and he was a bit of a let down tbh, I was super excited for it though so maybe had set my expectations too high. 

Yeah I saw Dylan once, supported by Mark Knopfler, Mark was amazing, Dylan like you said was a total let down for me too..  He couldn't sing for shit, it was quite painful.. His band were good though  :)

But here some pics I took....

There a  few stages with lots of stuff going on

https://i.imgur.com/UxJbqHm.jpg

Looks like this inside

https://i.imgur.com/26XVOlX.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/7xP8GGw.jpg

Main stage

https://i.imgur.com/Bf0Tzl4.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/LSPbFaZ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/CORkyoo.jpg

Fairly big, but not huge

https://i.imgur.com/34jnixB.jpg

• Check the Ts and Cs... I don't think you're allowed to take any food or drink in (apart from a sealed, small bottle of water).  

Last time I went, they did search us for food and drink.  But I had a cunning plan.  Little did they know... the wife and I had had lunch at Belgo before going to the gig - so our bloodstreams were already full of stupidly strong Belgian beer.
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8830
    Imagine the obligatory duet would sound like men delivering a skip.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31760
    JerkMoans said:
    Imagine the obligatory duet would sound like men delivering a skip.
    Definitely. They are possibly the two most pisstakingly bad performers I can think of - if they were busking in the street the police would be called within minutes. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72802
    p90fool said:

They are possibly the two most pisstakingly bad performers I can think of - if they were busking in the street the police would be called within minutes. 
    Neil Young is the greatest performer I've ever seen at a gig. I've never seen Dylan though.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Great. One who can't sing and another who can't play a guitar!
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom