SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - Suhr Alt T Pro (Swamp Ash)

What's Hot
KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
edited December 2018 in Guitars £
Hi All,

Selling my Alt T Pro and offered in very good condition and I'm the only owner.

No dings or scratches and just a little tarnishing to the pickup covers and this has barely been out of the house and hasn't been gigged.

It's very versatile and can cover LP, Strat, 335 and Tele territory. It can bark and spank and it's a great player and you don't see many of the Swamp Ash Body, Maple Neck ones around. It's got all the vintage vibe with modern refinements.

I'm looking for a straight sale here, no trades and would like £2K for it. It's offered with the excellent Suhr Gig Bag, spec sheet, allen key, which apparently are a slightly unusual size/design and costly to replace. This guitar new will cost you close to £2.5K and there's a similar one in Guitar Guitar at the moment.

Here's the spec from Suhr along with some pics.

The Alt T Pro is a charismatic, f-holed sister model to the Classic T-Pro and Antique -Pro. This chambered, Swamp Ash bodied guitar has a versatile sound that fits into lots of modern genres and, as you’d expect, gives a fantastic playing experience.

Swamp Ash is a great choice for resonance and lots of great mids for keeping your guitar focused in a band mix. A 3 saddle bridge with brass saddles offers up a good deal of extra sustain which works extra well with those body chambers: you get some great air in the tone here without ever losing that focus!

Two Suhr Thornbucker humbucking pickups are fitted on here (2018 models have different pickups and are not as open-sounding as these or IMHO, as good). These pickups have been expressly designed (in collaboration with session ace Pete Thorn) to achieve the hallowed PAF tone of classic 50s instruments with just a little extra windings in there for more juice. These are exceptional sounding units and are a great match for the guitar design and wood choice here.

The Alt T incorporates a 5-way switch with the dual humbuckers giving you a wide variety of tones. The pickup positions are the following:

1) Bridge Humbucker

2) Bridge Split and Neck Split Combined (more useful than bridge split!)

3) Bridge Humbucker and Neck Humbucker Combined

4) Neck Split

5) Neck Humbucker

https://i.imgur.com/xtBxki2.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/3QHdgJS.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/3JtTUSH.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/46FvmqY.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/vNoWY30.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/yjmm56u.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/UVVKaeq.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/K79tzYL.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/cLEJbrK.jpg

Located in Central London (King's Cross) or Wallington, Surrey

Price £2K

Thanks

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• StevepageStevepage Frets: 3053
     :o  no! 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited November 2018
    Stevepage said:
     o  no! 

Redundancy on the horizon forces my hand
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3053
    Sorry to hear that mate, hope everything works out
    Cheers Steve - there's still good guitars in the fold
  • Now, I now Cos well through this Forum, and although we have not met in person, we have messaged many many times.

Earlier this year he told me about the Suhr Alt T Pro, and especially how good the Thornbucker pick-ups are. He recommended I try one, so having spare funds at the time, I bought one...

Now, bear in mind, I had a Masterbuilt Tele and a Masterbuilt Strat to keep me company. Also, bear in mind, the following;

1.) I don't like 'Modern' guitars or the Suhr headstock.

2.) I only play relics - more open sound (imho) and I dont like no-sanded necks

So, the Alt T arrived, and it is superb. Truly truly superb, and the most versatile guitars Ive played.And strangely, it feels vintage. Not sure how or why, but it feels played-in and broken in.

The Thornbuckers are some of the best pick ups Ive heard. They break up but string separation is still there, clear and clean.

I sold my Masterbuilt Tele as a result of the Suhr arriving ! Now my #1 guitar.

Now, you cant get Alt T Pros now with the Thornbuckers. This was a Ltd run.

In summary, an outstanding guitar, and I know Cos is sad to sell it.

Cos, Ill PM you soon, but chin up mate... Ive had to sell a lot of gear to fund my work, and the options, funds and GAS will return...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    black sofa not the best place to photograph a black guitar!

Too bad you have to sell
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Yup, echo what Waz said, Cos bought his after trying mine - they are great guitars and his is a great example having played it.
    Now, I now Cos well through this Forum, and although we have not met in person, we have messaged many many times.

Earlier this year he told me about the Suhr Alt T Pro, and especially how good the Thornbucker pick-ups are. He recommended I try one, so having spare funds at the time, I bought one...

Now, bear in mind, I had a Masterbuilt Tele and a Masterbuilt Strat to keep me company. Also, bear in mind, the following;

1.) I don't like 'Modern' guitars or the Suhr headstock.

2.) I only play relics - more open sound (imho) and I dont like no-sanded necks

So, the Alt T arrived, and it is superb. Truly truly superb, and the most versatile guitars Ive played.And strangely, it feels vintage. Not sure how or why, but it feels played-in and broken in.

The Thornbuckers are some of the best pick ups Ive heard. They break up but string separation is still there, clear and clean.

I sold my Masterbuilt Tele as a result of the Suhr arriving ! Now my #1 guitar.

Now, you cant get Alt T Pros now with the Thornbuckers. This was a Ltd run.

In summary, an outstanding guitar, and I know Cos is sad to sell it.

Cos, Ill PM you soon, but chin up mate... Ive had to sell a lot of gear to fund my work, and the options, funds and GAS will return...
    Ta Waz
    edited November 2018
    axisus said:
    black sofa not the best place to photograph a black guitar!

Too bad you have to sell
    Fair point @axisus (it's actually grey) but how's this?

I'll put some more pics up with a different background to show a better contrast

• RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    Thank looks fab. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    Much better pic! Superb guitar
  • I'll add another point, if I may ! 

My Alt T Pro literally rarely goes out of tune :) Amazing stability.
  • I have tried this guitar,absolute stunner,covers all bases.
    I can vouch for Kebabkid,I honestly know how he really loves this guitar and the long search for it.
    Tried to convince him not to sell,but needs must.
    Top guy,but that is common knowledge on the forum.

• CastroCastro Frets: 512
    Is this a humbucker guitar for a player that doesn't usually like humbucker?
  • Ah, Bloody Hell, really sorry to see you're having to put this up for sale, Cos. I'll hear from you soon in more detail re the work situation I guess.

Just to back up that we have a very honest and knowledgeable seller here.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • Castro said:
    Is this a humbucker guitar for a player that doesn't usually like humbucker?
    A perfect summary
    edited November 2018
    PM'd you @Castro ;;;

In answer to your question, yep. It's a robust, big sound but still very open-sounding with spank and chime. Great results to be had from clean and overdriven sounds.