Blondie..1979...swoon

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• A beautiful woman with sparkly eyes and a perfect voice for the music - mesmerising. And one of the best pop bands with great songs.

JezWynd said:
    What a great drummer Clem Burke was... he drove those 45's along, Dreaming, Union City Blue etc.
    I love Clem Burke's drumming. Timing wise I hear some parallels with Stuart Copeland (another great), where it feels like he's ahead of the beat, but it works so well in the context of the musical style and creates an energy and drive.

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4928
    I quite like some of Blondie's hits.
    Contrary to others, though, I never found her particularly swoon-worthy at the time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11306
    "Hanging on the telephone" is a damn fine track, regardless of the singer looking like Debbie Harry or Anne Widdecombe.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7790
    scrumhalf said:
    "Hanging on the telephone" is a damn fine track, regardless of the singer looking like Debbie Harry or Anne Widdecombe.

. . . and a cover.

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72413
    Paul_C said:

. . . and a cover.
    The Blondie version is so definitive that the different bass note at the end in the original sounds 'wrong' now.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2351
    tFB Trader
    NO   Toyah ever time.
    https://toyahwillcox.com/

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6158
    GSPBASSES said:
    NO   Toyah ever time.
    Notsureifserious.gif

Although, in a similar vein, I recall that a few boys at school fancied Penelope Keith over Felicity Kendall. Always wondered what happened to that sort...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    goldtop said:
    GSPBASSES said:
    NO   Toyah ever time.
    Notsureifserious.gif

Although, in a similar vein, I recall that a few boys at school fancied Penelope Keith over Felicity Kendall. Always wondered what happened to that sort...
    I think they spend several hours a day discussing the properties of paint on guitar tone on forums.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72413
    goldtop said:

They joined the Tory party and are now running the country. (Or what passes for it...) :)

Strangely enough when I was a kid I preferred Anni-Frid (The Dark One) to Agnetha (The Blonde One) in ABBA, but now I'm older it's definitely the other way round.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Ahhhh yes, Debbie Harry was so cool and sultry. Luvverly. 

I was more of a Kate Bush guy overall though
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    axisus said:

Sadly, time hasn't been as kind to Kate.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7151
    My younger brother worked with Debbie and Blondie a few years back, he worked doing all their press stuff for the label. He toured with them for a good long while and said, she was one of the loveliest people he worked with.

Down to earth and that Chris Stein was always up for talking about guitars!

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    Great band and a contender for the best pop band imo.     Catchy songs, well played - Clem is one of my favourite drummers and the vocals are spot on - I’ve worked with a few singers that struggle with the high and low notes she throws in.    Just need to more solos to be perfect :-) 
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    ICBM said:
    goldtop said:

They joined the Tory party and are now running the country. (Or what passes for it...) :)

Strangely enough when I was a kid I preferred Anni-Frid (The Dark One) to Agnetha (The Blonde One) in ABBA, but now I'm older it's definitely the other way round.
    I did and still do prefer Anni-Frid to Agnetha. As for Penelope Keith/Felicity Kendal, I quite fancied both. PK wasn’t a patch on FK looks wise, but I’ve got a thing for stuck up posh women..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Sassafras said:
    axisus said:

Sadly, time hasn't been as kind to Kate.
    It hasn't been kind to me either so at least we have something in common