Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Amazon

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    CarpeDiem said:
    I stopped using them a few years ago as I don't like their business ethics or how they treat their staff.
    I agree. 

Though I can vouch that every brick and mortar store I've worked in is just as bad. 

The only easy day, was yesterday...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1774
    A big part of their success is that they’ve convinced us that we need to see reviews of everything we buy and they do that very well. I needed clothes pegs recently and found myself looking at reviews for clothes pegs! 
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    Recenly I was in the unenviable position of needing a pencil. After weeks of research I was delighted to find this in-depth review that pointed me in the right direction and saved me from making a potentially disastrous impulsive decision:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3909
    Well. The high street in Witney was pretty useless for generating the things on my list. This is going to be a challenge but I'm staying strong!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogieman said:
    Every time they ignore my preferred location and deliver somewhere stupid, I kick off and usually get a partial or full refund. Got a full refund on a £99 gaming headset because they "delivered" it (threw it through the open bathroom window of the maisonette behind mine, thinking it was my house) rather than use the preferred location. The headset turned up a few days later when the guy got back from holiday. Similarly, full refund (and told to keep/dispose) on aftershave that had been left behind a wheelie bin and a couple of slugs were on the cardboard box.
    Amazon are great here, but we’ve had the same regular delivery guy for the last couple of years. The only time I’ve ever had problems was at Xmas when they take on drivers who are worse than trained chimps. 

The bathroom window comment reminded me of our new postie. I got to the door a bit late after he’d ring the bell and caught him about to lob my parcel through an open window. First he asked “is that window always open, I could use that instead of the letterbox” Err, yeah, what a great idea....and of course I’m going to tell you how to burgle my house mate. He went off the idea when I pointed out that it was the downstairs toilet. Pillock. 
    That happened with a courier to a facebook friend. Parcel ended up in the bog.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StavrosStavros Frets: 336
    Lol stop shouting at clouds, Prime is 7.99 a month for free films music books, and usually next day delivery, netflix is the same for one service. 
    Its christmas, so will be stretched, they're not magic, plus if they get something wrong they always partially refund or sort it.

Op your complaining about Amazon but its the drivers fault, if i go to see a band and the door staff are shit do i go directly to the band and blame them?

Im in no way a big corporation fan, but you should remember what it was like before amazon, infact use ebay solely for what you would use Amazon for and I bet you would come back crying within a week. 
    I’m with this really, I completely see why people hate them but they are one of the big global four along with Google, Facebook and Apple so I can’t see how not using them will make any difference. 

I’m a Prime user, which is usually excellent (you do get the odd crap delivery experience but no different from any other online retailer). Also use Amazon Music for all my mobile listening and just discovered you can get Justin Guitar backing tracks as part of the subs, which is a really helpful learning resource.

Its hard to see the High Street and all those employed there suffering, but it was at saturation point - same shops in every town/ city, high parking costs etc., and it’s not like this has happened overnight. The world has changed!
    I love my brick
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I use them for 99% of my purchases.

Superb service, next or same day delivery, cheaper than anyone else, unquestioned returns policy.

Stunning. The benchmark for modern shopping.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom