Line 6 Amplifi TT

baldybaldy Frets: 195
Does anyone know what size barrel connector they use for the power input ie outside diameter x inside diameter as I am led to believe that it is non standard?
The PSU that comes with the unit is to big & orientated the wrong way to plug into the wall socket that I want to use so I am after getting another PSU with either a smaller block or the block orientated the other way.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 5mm and 2mm approx
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• baldybaldy Frets: 195
    I have been told by a couple of stores that I have contacted that the TT centre pin is thicker than normal.
    I think that a standard barrel connector is 5.5mm x 2.1mm.
    I have measured the outer diameter of my barrel at 5.5mm but have no way of measuring the inner but I am given to believe that it is bigger than 2.1mm ?
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1247
    I just had a rough measure. The pin is at least 2.2mm, but it's hard to get an accurate measurement without a suitable tool.

I've just checked the plug, and it measures around about 2.5mm. Certainly a 2.4mm drill bit slides in with a bit wiggle room, but a 2.6 doesn't fit in. I would try a 2.5mm, but I couldn't find one.
    A quick search suggests 2.5mm pin size is reasonably common
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    You could always just flip your socket! 
    Yes m_c frets I am leaning towards a 5.5mm OD x 2.5mm ID barrel connector.
    @timmysoft the wall sockets I want to use are under a wall unit & assuming there was enough spare cable in them to flip them, which I doubt, it would still mean that I couldn"t use it as there is just not the clearance between the socket & unit.
    It is the ideal location to plug into as it means that the TT can permanently sit on top of the unit underneath the wall unit.
    Obviously an extension cable could be used but I am trying for the neatest least obtrusive solution so that Mrs baldy will allow me to keep the TT permanently on the unit in the living room as at the moment it has had t be put away in a cupboard.
    I have raised a support ticket with Line 6 so hopefully they will be in contact in the next few days & confirm the barrel size so that I can either buy a different shaped/sized PSU with the correct barrel or fit a new barrel to a PSU that will fit the space.

edited December 2018
    Line 6 support have just emailed me & said the barrel OD is 5.0mm & the centre ID is 2.0mm ?
    That would mean that the centre pin would have to be under 2mm, probably 1.7mm or 1.8mm to allow it to fit.
    My barrel is is definitely 5.5mm OD as it measures 2.40mm on my digital calipers so will be a 5.5mm barrel ?
    The closest I can measure the ID is that it is definitely over 2mm but could be anywhere between 2.1mm & 2.5mm as my calipers wont actually fit in the hole properly to measure accurately.
    I have no idea where Line 6 are getting these measurements from ?
  • baldy said:

I have no idea where Line 6 are getting these measurements from ?
    An approximation with a rule.. just like how I got to those results  lol
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

edited December 2018
    I queried Line 6"s dimensions as they definitely don"t match my measurements & all they have done is give me a link to their FAQ page which is obviously where they got their original answer from.
    If their measurement of 2mm is of the actual pin diameter as opposed to the ID of the barrel I could understand as a 2mm pin would need a barrel with a centre hole slightly larger than that to allow it to fit but their 5mm OD measurement is weird as it is definitely not the barrel OD but also cannot be the ID size of the hole in the back of the TT unit.
    I am going to just buy a PSU with a barrel connector that is 5.5mm OD & 2.5mm ID & hope that it fits.
    If that doesn"t fit I guess that it must be 5.5mm x 2.1mm.