Which Hiscox LP Case?

What's Hot
ricorico Frets: 1220
I note they do a 'Standard' and 'Pro II' range - is the Pro case the one to beat or is the Standard perfectly OK? Rehearsals and gigs once a week means my Gibson case is looking a little sorry for itself. I have Schaller straplocks installed - will they be OK in the Hiscox?

Best place to get them would also be appreciated, thanks.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FezFez Frets: 533
    I think my case is a standard  I have one for strats as well best cases I've ever had. I have to take the strap off the Les Paul though as it has straplocks on it.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • As above, the Standard Hiscox Case will be fine for what you need. Also the Schaller Straplocks will not be a problem - I have them on my Les Paul, and it fits in a Hiscox Case fine.
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    Two conflicting bits of info re strap locks...
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    I use the standard Hiscox. They are great. 
  • ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1371
    edited December 2018
    @ricoRead more carefully, me thinks. You do need to take the Guitar Strap off the Guitar, but the Straplock bits on the Guitar itself will fit without problem.
  • FezFez Frets: 533
    Yup it's the bit's on the strap bit of the straplock which would foul on the case if if you didn't take the strap off. On the strat I have grolsh bottle washers so no need to remove the strap.
    Don't touch that dial.
    Ah - I can’t be fucked with taking the strap on and off each time. Will it absolutely not fit with the strap on? 
  • My Les Pauls have Schallers on them. It doesn't exactly take much effort to take the Strap on and off. Interestingly, I've noted some Les Pauls fit more accurately than others in my Hiscox Case. I've never worked out quite why, but there must be slight differences between them. I'd rather use a Hiscox Case than not. I've had the unfortunate experience of having to pay for a cracked Headstock repair; the guitar was in a well padded gig bag, and simply slid off my shoulder on to tarmac in a car park. 
  • I'd rather use a Hiscox Case than not. I've had the unfortunate experience of having to pay for a cracked Headstock repair; the guitar was in a well padded gig bag, and simply slid off my shoulder on to tarmac in a car park. 
    I've always said Gig Bags are evil!
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  •  Interestingly, I've noted some Les Pauls fit more accurately than others in my Hiscox Case. I've never worked out quite why, but there must be slight differences between them. 
    I've noticed this with Woody's guitar hangers (the wall hangers which attach to strap buttons). A pair of Woody's that are positioned to hold my LP Classic perfectly are slightly too far apart for either of the LP Customs I've owned. The fact that it's happened with two customs in a row makes me wonder if customs actually do have smaller bodies.
    My YouTube channel, Half Speed Solos: classic guitar solos demonstrated at half speed with scrolling tab and no waffle.
  • EggmanEggman Frets: 43
    I bought a used hiscox standard PRS case for my tele because it was cheap. Even after serious modification of the inner foam, (to fit the tele) it is great.
  • I'd rather use a Hiscox Case than not. I've had the unfortunate experience of having to pay for a cracked Headstock repair; the guitar was in a well padded gig bag, and simply slid off my shoulder on to tarmac in a car park. 
    I've always said Gig Bags are evil!
    I still kick myself over this (10+ years since it all occurred). I was literally about to ask about a Hiscox Case in the shop, when the guy serving me said "I can do you a good gig bag for a good price". Needless to say, I bought a Hiscox Case as soon as I got my repaired guitar back.
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7159
    rico said:
    Ah - I can’t be fucked with taking the strap on and off each time. Will it absolutely not fit with the strap on? 
    Said the actress to the bishop...
    Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Ahem...
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5067
    edited December 2018
    There’s nowt wrong with the Standard cases but personally I think the Pro IIs are worth the extra £40 if it’s for a quality quitar. The upgrades are below, plus you get a much nicer and stronger handle! 

HISCOX LITEFLITE PRO-II SPECIFICATION
    • Original Liteflite construction.
    • Outer shell increased to nominal 2.0mm* thick. This increase in outer shell thickness doubles the impact/punctureresistance of the outer shell compared to our standard range.
    • Extra catch fitted on guitar range (not applicable on Pro-II saxophone cases).
    • Steel ‘D’ rings fitted for strap fixing.
    • Soft foam cushion padding fitted at key areas around the instrument for extra shock protection (not applicable to Pro-II electric, bass and electro-acoustic guitar cases).
    • *Shell thickness quoted is the raw sheet thickness before moulding. The thickness of the finished shell varies depending upon the moulded shape.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/