PRS Chris Robertson Vs Gibson les paul classic P90s Opinions

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I saw them a couple of times - once supporting Alter Bridge (PRS users) and once headlining and being supported by Shinedown (PRS users).

Just saying :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fftcfftc Frets: 559
    He said in his interview with Lee Anderton (available on youtube) that he was sick of his Gibsons always needing work to cope with playing live. They spent more time on the techs table than in his hands. Someone suggested PRS to him and reckons he's never looked back.

I've got a Bernie which is my #1 but I do sometimes miss the P90 sound from my Les Paul. Reckon a Robertson would be an ideal addition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I have followed BSC for 10 years now and Chris did play Les Pauls when I first spotted them. He made the move to Prs maybe 3-5 years ago and really has fallen for the brand. He was buying the guitars out of his own pocket well before he got his signature guitar. I know he used to search ebay and gumtree etc when he was on tour and often made purchases out on the road.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The PRS Chris Robertson turned up today. It is a great guitar, the quality is superb and it sounds fantastic. Really pleased i took a punt on it.
    I am surprised by the neck, i was led to believe it was a bit of a handful, fat and wide. I would say not so much, i find it very comfortable and not noticably any wider / fatter than the neck on my old 245 Mira. Maybe because i have not played much in the last couple of years.... think this will renew the interest though!

• I think the fact that the Chris Robertson PRS are not available very often second hand says a lot
  • Where are these SEs made now?
  • Where are these SEs made now?
    The one i have just bought was made in Korea, I think it is World Guitars but will need to get the guitar and double check. Really nice quality for the price

• pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    So i have been looking to find either guitar and missed two lovely looking Pelham blue Les Paul classics..... BUT i snagged PRS Chris Robertson, just waiting delivery. Not at all fussed about the artist association, liking the idea of Humbucker / P90 and fat neck. Hoping it wont disapoint
    Chris Robertson rocks. Positive association. Check out the first Black Stone Cherry album.
  • pmbomb said:
    So i have been looking to find either guitar and missed two lovely looking Pelham blue Les Paul classics..... BUT i snagged PRS Chris Robertson, just waiting delivery. Not at all fussed about the artist association, liking the idea of Humbucker / P90 and fat neck. Hoping it wont disapoint
    Chris Robertson rocks. Positive association. Check out the first Black Stone Cherry album.
    Agreed, i just meant that the guitar looked like what i wanted, artist association or not.
    I like a lot of the BSC stuff, especially the acoustic version of Folsom Prison Blues