Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Post the worst guitar brand merch you have found...

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14263
    tFB Trader
    Image result for marshall amplification t-shirt old catalogue

At 55p I bet a few would want to get there hands on these Marshall  t-shirts

Note small or medium size options only - so will be quite tight for any one with large attributes
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2380

Note small or medium size options only - so will be quite tight for any one with large attributes
    Is this from your teenage scrapbook Mark? ;) 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14263
    tFB Trader
    Strat54 said:

Is this from your teenage scrapbook Mark? ;) 
    There was another Marshal  one from the mid late 70's catalogue with a blonde but can't find any images of it

Yes teenager then

55p - that makes £1 land look expensive

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16676
    hobbio said:
    sev112 said:
    terada said:
    ICBM said:

Bet that marshall beer is very fizzy
    Does the beer taste different depending on what material the container is made from ?

In all seriousness, yes it does. You must have noticed the difference between a can of beer and a bottle of the same beer? Or a pint in a glass and a pint in a festival plastic cup? Coca-cola tastes different from a glass bottle and can too.

I mean, I'll still drink any of them but there is a difference.

yup... I have had quite a lot of involvement in this kind of thing.

There is an obvious difference between a live cask or bottle conditioned beer vs bottle/can/keg  where the brewing process is fully halted before leaving the brewery.   That is separate to the container discussion.

I have been involved in taste tests comparing colour of glass bottle.  These were blind tests so you don't know which colour bottle it came in.  They compared brews bottled 1 and 3 months prior in brown, clear and green bottles.

Brown bottles preserve more of the original flavour.   Most people will say they prefer the taste of beer from brown bottles to clear or green when comparing side by side.   Clear or green bottles will develop a light struck skunky flavour fairly quickly. 

However, worth noting that people who are used to that slight skunkiness seem to prefer it. It works for some beers.   You often see this with Grolsch.   Most will say they prefer the imported flip top bottles to the brewed in the UK version.  They both come in green bottles.  They both leave the brewery tasting the same... the imported one will be more light struck by the time its sold in the UK.

There also used to be some snobbery around cans - the tinny taste.   These days they are all aluminium, so if you get any metallic taste its usually from the hop mix rather than the can... and you need to buy better beer.   loads of craft breweries have moved to cans as its the best way to get  the brewery fresh taste to the consumer, plus its logistically much easier than bottles.   Worth remembering that many kegs and casks are aluminium too, a can is just a mini keg.

1reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • King85King85 Frets: 631
    HAL9000 said:
    ICBM said:
    Strat54 said:
    I guess you've all got one of these for the tree this year from PRS......?

https://www.prsguitars.com/images/blog_images/GuitarOrnament2018(1200).jpg
    Typical tat made by people who know nothing about guitars - they’ve put the wrong neck on that one. Presumably somewhere there’s a mini-PRS with a Strat neck too .
    PRS Silver Sky?
    Woosh
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • i Would buy that Marshall beer if it didn’t say craft beer , I hate this whole craft beer , fancy coffee thing. Bring back carling black label and Nescafé out a jar, weak n white , or the dubiously named Camp . I do enjoy stuff out of glass better than plastic though and faves are bud and coors lite, San Miguel and sol.  Simple tastes
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Anything with Joe Bonamassa's name on it, other than his CDs. :) 
    To be honest it seems like he'll just put his name on anything, even if it looks like shit. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Anything with Joe Bonamassa's name on it, other than his CDs. :) 
    To be honest it seems like he'll just put his name on anything, even if it looks like shit. 
    Look up his appearance on Jonesy's Jukebox (on YouTube) where he jokes about this, describing himself as 'The crusty the clown of the Blues'.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Three-ColourSunburstThree-ColourSunburst Frets: 1139
    edited January 2019
    Bring back carling black label and Nescafé out a jar, weak n white , or the dubiously named Camp .
    There is a great but rather tragic story relating to Camp coffee.

The British Colonial Officer shown on the label was based on Major General Sir Hector Archibald MacDonald, a Scottish war hero, who took over command of British forces in Ceylon on the 26th March 1902. MacDonald was the son of a crofter who gained a commission as an officer in lieu of a Victoria Cross following his heroism in the Afghan wars. This was a rare privilege at a time when officers were drawn from the ranks of the social elite. His exemplary military service also saw him receive the Distinguished Service Order and a Knighthood, and he became a popular folk hero, hence his image been used on the Camp Coffee label.

Whilst he was in Ceylon, the island's governor, Colonel Sir Joseph West Ridgeway, discovered that MacDonald had been involved in relationships with local boys and sent him back to London in the hope of averting a scandal. However, General Kitchener, who MacDonald had personally saved from disaster during the Sudan war, told him to return to Ceylon in order to face a court marshal. On his journey back to Ceylon MacDonald read that the scandal had been made public, so he shot himself with his service revolver in his hotel room in Paris on the 25th March 1903.

Hence the origin of the phrase 'a bit camp', when the name 'Camp' originally just implied that the drink was ideal for those travelling from place to place.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kt66kt66 Frets: 315
    in the 80s I had some Rickenbacker pants, I think their UK office then in Manchester did them. Long gone, they were terrible 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339

Yes - they actually drove this round to dealerships!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    in the 80s I had some Rickenbacker pants, I think their UK office then in Manchester did them. Long gone, they were terrible 

12 string?
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom