Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

My parcel was signed for, but not by me?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• randellarandella Frets: 4169
     if it means fairer pay for the workers and better care taken.
    I’m with you. Especially as I think those two are inextricably linked. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72354
    I never understand why couriers offer insurance as an extra. 

They're literally being paid to safely deliver a parcel, why the fuck should I need to insure it? Surely if it's not delivered safely they have failed on their part of the contract?

Id very much like for delivery prices to increase a chunk, if it means fairer pay for the workers and better care taken. I think it's just been a race to the bottom, and everyone loses. 
    Wis, but unfortunately it will never happen because the vast majority of customers only want the cheapest possible service. Since the customers are mostly companies who are advertising "free delivery"...

It is absolutely a race to the bottom, but we only have ourselves to blame by the way we shop now.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6062
    ICBM said:

It is absolutely a race to the bottom, but we only have ourselves to blame by the way we shop now.
    I'm changing to Harrods forthwith. Two nice men wearing brown aprons will carry items into my house.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3455
    I never understand why couriers offer insurance as an extra. 

They're literally being paid to safely deliver a parcel, why the fuck should I need to insure it? Surely if it's not delivered safely they have failed on their part of the contract?

Id very much like for delivery prices to increase a chunk, if it means fairer pay for the workers and better care taken. I think it's just been a race to the bottom, and everyone loses. 
    I remember reading up on this, its a contract between the sender and the courier, we dont have to buy insurance, if it arrives damaged or missing its the senders responsibility regardless if you insured it or not, good news if its from a shop, if its a private sale you have a harder challenge to overcome, 
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12365
    Yodel surpassed themselves today. I got a text from them while I was out “we tried to deliver your parcel but you weren’t in. We’ve left it in your preferred safe place. We’ve left a card for you to tell you where it is”. Errr, ok, but I’ve never nominated a safe place. 

The safe place turned out to be the front doorstep, which is in full view of a fairly busy road.  Luckily it hadn’t been nicked. Amusingly one of the options on the card for them not leaving a parcel is “your advised safe place did not meet our safe place policy”. Fuck knows what does then. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom