First ever pedalboard - how hard can it be?

What's Hot
HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9725
edited December 2018 in FX
Despite owning a handful of pedals, and everyone I know telling me I need one, I’ve never had a pedalboard before.

Anyway, buy pedalboard, read up on what the order of effects should be and carefully attach... Tuner, Phaser, Overdrive, and Delay. Brilliant. Job done.

Until I go round to mate’s house for a jam.

Naturally I’d read the order of effects from left to right but, of course, being a rightie everything needs to be the other way round!

Didn’t take many minutes to sort but didn’t look too clever when I tried to proudly show off my new toy.
I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2208
    , ......... have a short concentration span, ...? 
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9725
    Fishboy7 said:
    , ......... have a short concentration span, ...? 
    Yep. Accidentally hit the go button too soon. Sorted now.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2208
    .... sorry, couldn't resist :) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72529
    HAL9000 said:
    Despite owning a handful of pedals, and everyone I know telling me I need one, I’ve never had a pedalboard before.

Anyway, buy pedalboard, read up on what the order of effects should be and carefully attach... Tuner, Phaser, Overdrive, and Delay. Brilliant. Job done.

Until I go round to mate’s house for a jam.

Naturally I’ve read the order of effects from left to right but, of course, being a rightie everything needs to be the other way round!

Didn’t take many minutes to sort but didn’t look too clever when I tried to proudly show off my new toy.
    :)

There is no 'right' order though, and you could actually make a case for exactly what you had - delay before overdrive gives Edge-type delay, phaser after overdrive gives a big airy 'outdoor' phasing, and tuner at the end mutes the cycling hiss overdrive before phaser inevitably produces...

;)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it   
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9725
    JMP220478 said:
    This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it   

Oi! That's my line...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom