EHX Sovtek Deluxe Big Muff

andypandyp Frets: 332
Just thought I would share this...

I bought an Op-Amp resissue earlier this year and it's loads of fun. For some reason since then I want to buy more of Muffs, having previously had no interest at all in them. I was / am particularly hankering after the Green Russin reissue... but then this comes along and looks amazing! $149 apparently... wonder how much they'll be here? EHX seem to make some brilliant stuff, I love my Canyon pedal and am basically trying to talk myself out of an Ocean's Eleven... now this goes on the GAS list too.

Andy
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JD50JD50 Frets: 660
    edited December 2018

Wonder how different it is to the current Deluxe Big Muff which Kit Rae reckons can get very close to a number of Muff variations?

I notice this has a Wicker instead of the Bass boost but is the circuit a whole lot different?

Sounds cool though & the Blend is great for bass players.

• andypandyp Frets: 332
    Ah, I didn't realise it wasn't that different to the current / previous one. It seems to cover all the bases, which is really appealing.

• I have the current Deluxe Big Muff, bought it shortly after buying the Green Russian reissue in fact.  The Deluxe covers pretty much all the sounds I was getting out of the Green Russian for not much more money and it has a bunch of other features. 
  • It's heresy. Just put the Civil War in a small box like all the others and be done with it. Quite why they'd want to make you buy both Russians bundled together I have no idea.
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    This is the thing, I have no knowledge at all of the history (or the current) Big Muffs. I love my Op-Amp one though and it was a bargain at £45 or so on eBay. The Russian one sounds cool too but if this one is now on the market and is around the £120 mark then it looks a good value buy.