Fender American Performer - Satin Finish

What's Hot
SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075

I'm curious about the satin finish on the new American Performer series.......

Having got the satin finish on my Highway 1 I am familiar with how the nitro shines up on the contact points and will eventually wear through due to natural relicing.

What happens on the poly finish? I'm assuming it will shine up on the contact points, but it's never going to age like a nitro finish is it?

What is it going to look like after it has been played for a while?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BabonesBabones Frets: 1206
    edited December 2018
    The necks are satin, but the body finish is gloss. So it'll be just like any other poly Fender and not age at all, I imagine.

Edit: I see there are a couple of satin ones (surf green/sonic blue). Perhaps they would be a bit like the Highway 1.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Previously there have been satin finishes on some Mexican made Strat's such as an FSR one in a sort of burnt orange colour which I saw for sale recently (second hand). Those came out a few years ago now, and are a modern finish (not nitro), and whilst I don't know how much the example I saw had been played, it hadn't shined up much at all - certainly not like my Hwy1. So I'd guess your assumptions are correct - it will likely shine up, perhaps more slowly than nitro, but will be unlikely to wear/relic in the same way.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom