Green J45 ?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

•  Hi everyone, I went along today and spent quite a  lot of time with the guitar. It was very helpful reading all your comments And the unusual colour doesn’t seem to have affected the sound or pliability, it’s a pretty good example of a J 45 plenty of character  and thump. It was fresh out of the Gibson packing container and I don’t think anyone has played it between here and Memphis. As for the colour, well my colour chart is a bit off especially with blues and greens but hey I thought it looked pretty cool especially with the cream binding and dark pickgjard,I saw a blue one in Coda music for over £1000 more so I went home with it,
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2200
    Nice score. Great price for a J45 and chances are Gibson wont be making any more green acoustics so you've got something pretty unique. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72397
     Hi everyone, I went along today and spent quite a  lot of time with the guitar. It was very helpful reading all your comments And the unusual colour doesn’t seem to have affected the sound or pliability, it’s a pretty good example of a J 45 plenty of character  and thump. It was fresh out of the Gibson packing container and I don’t think anyone has played it between here and Memphis. As for the colour, well my colour chart is a bit off especially with blues and greens but hey I thought it looked pretty cool especially with the cream binding and dark pickgjard,I saw a blue one in Coda music for over £1000 more so I went home with it,
    Which just goes to show that conventional taste can be wrong! It just needed to find the right home...

Congratulations, enjoy :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  •  Thanks everyone, I’ve played it tonight in an acoustic band with a banjo and a fiddle et cetera and it really held its own, so I’m pleased with my purchase. Have a great evening and looking forward to chatting on other topics 
  • While I'm not a fan of that shade of green... you make a valid point about the blue one.  I think the blue J45 at Coda is hideous... so I figure you got the better looking guitar (of the two) and saved over £1k versus the blue one!  Reeesult.
  • Thanks, that’s what I figured. My colour perception is a bit off but in the flesh it’s darker than it looks in the photographs.  Charlie and Harriet  at GG Told me that the Olive drab was very popular because of the Chris Cornell connection.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom