So this just turned up...

What's Hot
teradaterada Frets: 5114
Yep, someone has sprinkled the unicorn dust round at mine.

I only had a quick 10 minutes to test before heading out, but here are my initial thoughts.

It sounds great, yep, great. Have only tested as a clean boost but it is pushing my orange in a delightful way and providing a nice bit of extra treble which sounds great with my R9.

A/B'd with my Tumnus, they sound close to identical. I'm sure the only difference would be in the tolerance of components. If I had to go into a bit more detail on my particular units I'd say the Klon is probably a tad warmer and feels ever so slightly more touch sensitive. But there's not much in it.

Will I keep it? Yeah why not, it sounds great and I was after a second Klone to give me more variation without constantly tweaking the Tumnus.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Listen, I don't care what anyone else says about you around here, you're still ok by me
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114
    Ok so I've now spent a fair bit more time with this pedal and...

I think its really great. I've mainly been using it either as a clean boost, or to slightly boost the treble of my R9. For both of these it works perfectly. 

I really thought that I'd be a bit disappointed with this, my expectation was that it'd end up sending it back as I'd see it as just a load of snake oil, but it has really surprised me.

A lot of guitar stuff is subject to the law of diminishing returns, and the Klon is clearly very much in this category. But it does sound and feel great to me.

I even did a blind test between the klon and the Tumnus with Mrs Terada, and she too preferred the Klon.

I've been using it as the only pedal between my R9 and my handwired orange amp (which has a super simple circuit), and while the effect is subtle, the way it pushes my amp is just lovely. I'd say the Tumnus in comparison is a little less transparent, a little harsher maybe.

Both are great though, and I'm very happy with them :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom