Ibanez AZ Premium vs Charvel Pro-Mod DK24 or Sterling James Valentine

What's Hot
Hi all,

Christmas is coming and the desire for a new guitar too.

Any feedback on an Ibanez AZ Premium, Charvel Pro-Mod DK24 or Sterling James Valentine?
All have kind of roasted/caramelized maple neck, the Sterling is hardtail as the others tremolo.

I'm still going to try these on a local store but opinions well appreciated.

Cheers!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3339
    There guitars for vastly different styles I’d imagine. What have you got and what doesn’t it do for you already?
  • I played a 22 fret Premium AZ the other week. It felt very nice, the neck felt a similar profile to my Charvel So-Cal but with much better top-fret access. Really the neck joint seems to be "not there" when you are playing it. I was not sure that the trem was staying in tune with mild use, so it might need a cheeky setup upon purchase.

Also, I didn't plug it in so don't ask...!
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I'd say that the Ibanez and Charvel can do the same styles. Not the same to the Sterling one.
    The ones I got can do what these can do, I guess the playability would be what I'm looking for.
    Something sounding good and playing nicely. And good looking ;)
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3339
    play them all a few times and decide. I've not played a new Sterling yet but the St Vincent has caught me eye
    although this looks great too 180627329015008--charvel-pro-mod-dk24-hss-shell-pink
  • I'll play them as soon as I can.

Agree, the new Charvels do look nice.