Need to raise some funds - pricing advice

What's Hot
Hi not sure if this is the right part of the form to post,but I'm after some advice please.

In a nutshell I need to raise some cash due to a hopefully short lived severe drop in my income.  I don't really want to sell most of the following and I've got about 3 months until the situation gets dire, so I'm thinking I might just catch a few people wanting to treat themselves for Xmas and then probably wait until early spring to give what's left a real push as I guess most folks are skint in January.

I've looked on here, Ebay, Gumtree, Reverb etc but there still seems to be a big variance as to what people are achieving.  So what I am after is some guidance as to whether or not my aspirations are realistic - frankly I want them to be at the top end of what is achievable to leave a bit of room for negotiation and to mitigate the pain of letting stuff go.

Everything is in in mint condition, light home use only and for those that like that sort of thing I've got case candy, tags etc.

Any feedback would be great, thanks.

2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard in Desert Burst and Gibson Case - £1250 to £1300

2010 Fender American Standard Stratocaster in Candy Apple Red, with Fender Case - £650 to £700

2009 Fender Classic Player Baja Telecaster, Blonde with Padded Fender gig bag - £450 to £475

1994 Japan Made Squire Stratocaster - £125 to £150

Probably 4 to 8 years old Vintage VSA 535 (ES 335 Copy) in Cherry Red with Wilkinson Humbuckers and Hardware - £175

Blackstar HT 5 Combo (from the first year of production so 2008?) - £125 to £150

Blackheart BH5H Combo 3/5 watt Amp - £125 to £150

Cheer James
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    I'll have the 1994 Squier Strat at £150!
  • @Fuengi do you think it's too cheap? You wouldn't want to take advantage of someone trying to feed his kids would you  ;)

The serial number is P001725 if you are interested and want to google it.  I sued to have a "Silver Series" from the same period and that was a better guitar but mainly because the the pickups are not the best, so I think £150 would be fair.  

I'l post some pictures if you want to have a look?
    @JamesAshworth I'm simply trying to help you out  ;)

Yes please, post it DM some pics. I've always fancied a Jap Squier being a huge Steve Rothery fan. 
  • Post the pics on here and check on ebay prices, would be my advice! 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2018
    In general, I'd say your pricing of those items is fair to good.

The problem selling right now is finding buyers with spare cash if you want a quick deal.

In my experience I've achieved the best sale prices for used gear in February. Not sure why that is, but the amateur philosopher in me thinks it's a time when people need a bit of retail therapy after a long winter. 
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4264
    You are not a million miles away with those prices. However, they are all pretty common items and always available, so probably start by taking at least 10% off the lowest figures you have put, if you actually want to sell them in a reasonable time frame.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2086
    If you go down the ebay route I’ve found adding the Best offer option helps, at least you get a chance to negotiate.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    They look like fair prices to me.    Try an advert and you can always accept near offers, sadly none of those are guitars I could use but glwts
  • JamesAshworthJamesAshworth Frets: 41
    edited December 2018
    Cheers everyone for the responses .

I'll post some pics when I work it out !
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited December 2018
    @Fuengi do you think it's too cheap? You wouldn't want to take advantage of someone trying to feed his kids would you 

The serial number is P001725 if you are interested and want to google it.  I sued to have a "Silver Series" from the same period and that was a better guitar but mainly because the the pickups are not the best, so I think £150 would be fair.  

I'l post some pictures if you want to have a look?
    I've got an M serial (silver Squier logo) and it's got a rosewood fretboard. The pickguard is a '62 type. These are pretty decent if you do a few upgrades. It's my favourite "beater" guitar.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    edited December 2018
    edited December 2018
    Anyone know how to embed images and not links - I've read the FAQs and no joy !

• Here you go. 

• Cheers @punchesjudy ! How did you do that? 
  • punchesjudypunchesjudy Frets: 1025
    edited December 2018
    Cheers @punchesjudy ! How did you do that? 
    No worries.. You need to share the direct link to each photo. 
    I'm on mobile atm but should be the same on pc. Copy the direct link then you have to click this (picture below) and paste the link in the drop-down box and then a space. It should add the picture to your comment .

• Driving me mad - tried several times on different browsers !  Will try on phone ...
  • Now worked it out, cheers @punchesjudy - the copy links option they give don't work, I had to edit from the address bar.