Thomann - Ordering High End Guitars

What's Hot
andyozandyoz Frets: 718
edited December 2018 in Guitar
I have ordered stuff from Thomann before but never a guitar.

Just ordered a nice Ibanez and was surprised how good the lads in their Custom Guitars section were. Sent loads of photos etc. I'd always assumed the place was full of robots grabbing boxes off shelves.
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BrizeBrize Frets: 5630
    They must have changed their stance. I've asked for pictures of expensive guitars before and they've responded in the negative.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andyozandyoz Frets: 718
    edited December 2018
    Exactly, they had a B stock and New one and the lad Olly took about 20 photos of each of them. Even gave his opinion on which one was 'better' flame etc (totally subjective I know but still decent of him to try)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • gordijigordiji Frets: 784
    Based on my experience i can only praise Thomann for service, paying return postage & honouring their 3YEAR guarantee.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5434
    The high-end guitar department has dedicated staff who know their stuff. I have done it before once and would do it again if it were something a more local dealer didn’t have/couldn’t get. 
  • andyozandyoz Frets: 718
    edited December 2018
    One of the guitars was in their 'shop' and I got him to take two lots of photos of that one.

The B Stock was in the warehouse and he got those shots as well the next day.

I guess it's what should be expected for their good guitars but I just expected the standard No reply.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    edited December 2018
    I told one of my mature students of Thomann and when he went to Germany on business he specifically detoured to Thomann Town and spent half a day in their shop!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Just over a year ago I found they were very helpful when I wanted to order a Gibson with a flame top. They took photos of three of them for me to choose from. FWIW, this was Gibson USA, not Custom Shop.

Unfortunately the guitar had a few QC issues. I chose to go through Gibson to have it put right under warranty, rather than return it. The customer service from Gibson was a very different story, and not a good story!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom