Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Tinny strat bridge pickup

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72411
    Barney said:

I have one les Paul with bare knuckle  stormy Mondays in bridge and neck and the other with mule in the bridge but none of the pots were changed ..does this make a big difference ?
    Not huge, but noticeable - the 300K pots make the sound a bit muddy and lifeless. It's worse if the PCB Gibson use on the modern Les Pauls is fitted, it seems to add a bit more capacitance and dull the tone compared to all traditionally-wired pots.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10490
    edited December 2018 tFB Trader
    @TheGuitarWeasel , out of curiosity what’s the output jump from tapped to untapped on your Diamond Geezer pickup? 
    Barney said:
    @TheGuitarWeasel , out of curiosity what’s the output jump from tapped to untapped on your Diamond Geezer pickup? 
    Are these oil city pickups ? ..I need to look at them ..hears a lot of good things 
    @noisepolluter ;;As with all tapped single coils, its not a huge output jump up on full power, it's more like a fat, passive mid boost, with a bit of extra power thrown in.
    @Barney yep, Diamond Geezer Strat bridge pickups are from us, as are StoneTone Strat sets ... the latter we have been making under that name for the last six years.
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom